Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

No way would Maupay change clubs to sit on the bench or play a part time roll, he's the real deal and number one man, and Dean Smith knows that, so if that's what you think his roll will be at Villa, he definitely won't be signing for you, same applies to Benrahma.

Ofcourse Benrahma if signed will be a starter. Even Maupay won't can as a back up. But do you think he could do a job in a club playing on a relegation fight? Is he any good with crosses? he's a bit short and I'm not sure how would that fit. He's doing well for how the Bees are playing. We might want to play expansive football but surely it's different up there. 

What do you think? and btw, I really hope you have the luck this year and make it to the Premier League. When I first saw you in the playoffs (before we went down) I wanted you to make it. 

After Dean Smith I think I really don't have any choice but to wish you all good! 

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Have a word. Real deal. Mid table championship star.  Gtfo 

To good for a newly promoted team, will probably end up at a London Club🤣

11 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

But do you think he could do a job in a club playing on a relegation fight? 

Who cares? If he's playing for a club that's in a relegation struggle next season, he won't have signed for us....

Edited by John
  • Thanks 1

Just now, John said:

Who cares? If he's playing for as club that's in a relegation struggle next season, he won't have signed for us....

Lol, we all hope that. 😉

I think we need a tall and strong striker. We can't expect to be having goals for fun. Maupay is too short, not sure how will that benefit us? We were the most team to score from crosses last season in the Championship. It's one of the weapons which we need to use as we will need it more in the PL.

9 minutes ago, jonjon said:

To good for a newly promoted team, will probably end up at a London Club🤣

Don't compare starting for Brentford in the Championship with starting for Villa in the PL. He would still come as a squad player if lucky enough to get the chance.

I don't think he will though. Please punt your wares up the road. Leave a leaflet etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To give us a bit of a break from the punning action, I've copied some central midfielder suggestions from a podcast and will pass them off as my own. 

Kento Misao - 23 years old

Looks to have a casual style but also seems to have that McGinn trait of getting his body in the way. Seems comfortable on the ball. Maybe not an instant starter but perhaps one to develop if we could get a work permit? 

Sasa Zdjelar - 24 years old. Serbian, playing for Partizan Belgrade. This vid is 4 years old. I couldn't be arsed looking for any other. 

Florian Grillitsch - 23 years old. Austrian who plays for Hoffenheim. Looks very comfortable on the ball and reading the play. Probably not cheap and maybe would want a bigger move? 

Erick Pulgar - 25 years old, Chilean, plays for Bologna. Looks a solid player with and without the ball. Not too old. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

How strong is the Butland rumour? That looks like a decent Premier League defence to me. Remains to be seen how good Guilbert is for us, but judging by his performances last season he's a good player. Also Elmo is backup in there. 

Soz, yes I forgot about Elmo...good backup option