Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Yep, i have mentioned Turnbull on here for months mate. @AvfcRigo82 has seen a screenshot i sent Villa early last month to sign him.

Alas it's not meant to be. Villa are not interested.

Yeah. Can't believe not even a mutter back.

Looks like we won't be looking at Lookman anytime soon while we focus on raiding the Championship first.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Butland, Steer, Nyland

Guillbert, Elmo, Bree

Mings, Hause, Cahill, Chester

Targett, Taylor

Phillips, Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Lansbury

Green, El Ghazi, Benrahma, Jota

Maupay, Kodjia, Davis

Good enough to stay up?

Would probably come down to luck and injuries. 

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Butland, Steer, Nyland

Guillbert, Elmo, Bree

Targett, Taylor

Maupay, Kodjia, Davis

Good enough to stay up?

Right Back a huge concern.

But the first 11 would be. But we would need depth at CM, wings and upfront. Cahill would need replacing next summer

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Life as a Brentford fan in the summer must be grim asf. Trolling the boards of other clubs trying to sell your wares for more than they're worth, like a modern day steptoe and son. 

It has put me off taking a flyer on any of them to be honest. 

More like Del Boy and Rodney. 

I still think we need the following 

1 GK (starter)

1 LB (starter)

2 CBS (not counting Mings)

1 CM (starter at CDM)

2 wingers (one starter one back up)

2 strikers (key starter one back up)

wouldn't suspire me if all our signings are from the championship (Bar Mings AEG and House). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Phillips is spot on. Shame it will piss the poor Leeds fans off. Dont remember them embarrassing us in my lifetime but there you go.

Yep, they've always thought they were bigger than they were, bit like Newcastle fans but worse.

Embarrassing.. I do remember 1996 where they totally outpla.... oh no wait, we won the cup that day too.

Nope, nothing jumping out at me either.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

My Scouting report on Phillips  last season in September 2018.

Good player

k-phillips.jpg

I like him, ticks many boxes.....He caught my eye this last season.

15 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Butland, Steer, Nyland

Guillbert, Elmo, Bree

Targett, Taylor

Maupay, Kodjia, Davis

Good enough to stay up?

Looks like a squad that would easily win the Championship, but touch and go whether it would stay up. I reckon it could finish anywhere between 11-20 based on how well the players gel and if the Championship players step up. 

Strongest 11 would be:

.......................Butland........................

Guilbert.....Cahill.....Mings.....Targett

.......................Phillips.........................

............McGinn........Grealish.............

Benrahma.............................El Ghazi

........................Maupay.......................

I'd be fairly confident with Butland and Benrahma making an impact. Cahill's age is a slight concern but he seems a lot more professional than a Lescott for instance and would probably help steady the ship. Targett wouldn't be my choice at left back and I personally think we can do much better (still think Tierney at Celtic would come). The unknowns for me are Guilbert, Phillips and Maupay - they could absolutely shine for us and get international recognition, or they could flop. But at least they're all young with promise. 

I do think the striker position is so, so important so would be keener on spending a bit more on Gomez than signing Maupay, and I also think we should cast the net a bit wider for DM and LB.

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

I like him, ticks many boxes.....He caught my eye this last season.

Here's my Tom Bayliss one i put through to St Mirren on evening of 26th December 2017 saying if slight chance he was out contract snap him up :D . Now  Villa are linked with him. he can definitely play in Premier League now. Has improved tenfold and i've seen him number of times since over last 2 seasons.

bayliss.jpg

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Here's my Tom Bayliss one i put through to St Mirren on evening of 26th December 2017 saying if slight chance he was out contract snap him up :D . Now  Villa are linked with him. he can definitely play in Premier League now. Has improved tenfold and i've seen him number of times since over last 2 seasons.

bayliss.jpg

well we have certainly missed a few lately in Callum Wilson and Maddison.....but I guess Mortimer and Dublin makes up for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

well we have certainly missed a few lately in Callum Wilson and Maddison.....but I guess Mortimer and Dublin makes up for it.

Lol i recommended Wilson & Maddison both on here -  VillaTalk when at Coventry too. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

bayliss.jpg

From this I'm not sure on Bayliss. Looks like all he has is High Energy. Gaping hole there at the rest of those attributes!

I think I would rather raid the championship first, some real excellent players who have worked there ass off and do not get the recognition they deserve all because people see them playing in a league lower than the premier. The championship has changed so much that it now houses many a PLAYER more than capable of making the step up into the top flight. This is why were now seeing clubs wanting 20 mill plus for there gems and it's understandable even when we were in the championship we were asking and going to make any club pay premium for Grealish or Mcginn. Clubs in the championship earn peanuts compared to prem clubs so there way is trading off there best for the best possible prices, just so happens that those prices have now shot up with the likes of us last season saying 40-50 mill for Grealish and he can go on his merry way I if we're still a champ club thus coming season. We so have to be prepared to pay for the championship players who are worth it, remember these lads have fought tooth n nail to be in what lime light they could get in and there are many ready to show the premier teams what they are made of.

We know who those players are in the championship, at some point some premier clubs will come calling for them and embed them into there teams. We will of missed out on these championship players, if we dont get them snapped up it will be our fault if we start looking for 40 to 50 mill players instead. For a first season It's a heck of a gamble buying big money signings as that way we could be spending a few hundred mill on players instead of around a hundred mill. The jota signing was a smart one, id say roofe would be another smart signing the lad has some talent. We need to keep looking for these players we can get on the cheap, they are out there it's just time consuming. Of course I'd say it wouldn't hurt to attract a few big money signings in certain positions ie keeper, striker a winger and a midfielder, we can however buy many championship players to fit around them and our existing stars which would be fantastic.

I'm no Smith but I feel he, Purslow and Jesus have many deals they are trying to iron out that we have not a clue about. I think building a team at low cost in case we go back down should be a priority, especially low cost on wages as we dont want to be in the same FFP scare that we was last season. We need to plan for both scenarios just as we did for if we failed at the play off finals come win or lose or in this case stay up or be relegated, I'm confident that this is what were already doing.

There was going to be a rebuild no matter what, how we rebuild is important and if we rebuild off a crazy flash your blank cheque scheme and it doesn't work out we will be licking those wounds for seasons to come if we're relegated.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

From this I'm not sure on Bayliss. Looks like all he has is High Energy. Gaping hole there at the rest of those attributes!

It was when he played his 3rd game for Coventry lol when i went watch Port Vale vs Coventry for St Mirren.

2 years later Coventry fans rate him bigger prospect than Maddison was when at Coventry. He's going to the top i have no reservations £3mil is a bargain.

Those ratings are my own and he's improved all round.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

It was when he played his 3rd game for Coventry lol when i went watch Port Vale vs Coventry for St Mirren.

2 years later Coventry fdans rate him bigger prospect than Maddison was when at Coventry. He's going to the top i have no reservations £3mil is a bargain.

I just meant because the graph is out of position