Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, useless said:

It's pointless taking any notice of who the  tabloids are linking us to, as our signings in the last two windows have shown they haven't really got a clue. Nevertheless The Mirror are linking us with a move for Rodriguez from Albion who has a £5m buyout clause.

My immediate thought on reading this wasn't fudge off, so that's good. My second thought though was, like with Jota, squad player. 

For £5m I'd definitely take him. Backup forward who can play across the line with Premier League experience and from all accounts a winning mentality... But then how much filler do we actually want?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

My immediate thought on reading this wasn't fudge off, so that's good. My second thought though was, like with Jota, squad player. 

For £5m I'd definitely take him. Backup forward who can play across the line with Premier League experience and from all accounts a winning mentality... But then how much filler do we actually want?

Would be good as a back up especially at that price,Scores goals and has experience,wont get much better for 5million

Just now, Mooley22 said:

Would be good as a back up especially at that price,Scores goals and has experience,wont get much better for 5million

Offer them Hogan to sweeten the deal. (for us)

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Do we think Rodriguez is a) a deal worth looking at?, and b) reckon he could do the business in the prem for a season or two?

Think at the price quoted, he would be a steady back up striker.If we signed him and went into the season with him as our main striker il be very worried

Just now, Mooley22 said:

Think at the price quoted, he would be a steady back up striker.If we signed him and went into the season with him as our main striker il be very worried

he can play across the whole forward line though cant he?, so might be a useful squad player for the sc, aml, amr type roles?, similar to Jota.

Edit:  I'm Talking about J-Rod, convo moved on whilst I was typing

Think he would be useful for a season. Particularly if we offload Hogan we need somebody who can chip in with a few goals. £2m+ Hogan would be ideal but imagine they'd want the £5m in cash.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Think he would be useful for a season. Particularly if we offload Hogan we need somebody who can chip in with a few goals. £2m+ Hogan would be ideal but imagine they'd want the £5m in cash.

cant see em taking Hogan, the reason they probably want to offload Rodriguez is wages?, no point in doing that to then blow their load on Hogans wages?

Percy knows his stuff. That bid has gone in.

Phillips is a right dirt bag. Don't think he's got much of a passing range but he's got legs and can really get in amongst other teams. The thought of playing against him and John McGinn in the same team makes my eyes water.

Yeah I'd love us to sign Phillips. Great player. 

Phillips, McGinn and Grealish would be a nice midfield. 

He kept Jack very quiet when we last played them.

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, MaVilla said:

cant see em taking Hogan, the reason they probably want to offload Rodriguez is wages?, no point in doing that to then blow their load on Hogans wages?

It's a £5m release clause apparently so they don't have much choice in the letting or wanting him to go. But yeah I can't see them taking Hogan. Somebody will though, he's proven he can score in the Champ.. just 2/3 best teams in the league couldn't figure out how this year 🤣