Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

People expect everything now.

Just chill your beans, it's been 10 days since the playoff final, the tables haven't even been reset yet and people are panicking about the state of the squad.

Remember when we used to wait for things? Great days.

Spot on.

You try mentioning talk of another shit player leaving and it sends a few into uproar.

We are Premier League.

We have the 3rd Richest owners so let's try and sign who the hell we want that fits our style.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I thought Terry did all of these things? Humbly of course...

Normally he does but lately he's been masterminding a famous win at Wembley against Frank Lampards Derby County.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I for one am enjoying man u spunk money. May they inevitably run out one day! 

It's all fun and games until they pass on half the cost by charging us £40m for Tuanzebe...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, sorry.

I am sure Jesus Pitarch is probably sunning himself on a beach somewhere a girl in each arm whilst Deano is madly flicking through a filofax which used to belong to Martin O'Neil, desperately calling up managers of other clubs over the world whisky in one hand and fat cigar in the other jotting down transfer figures and wage demands on a fag packet, adding them up on a calculator before faxing over offers because he's NOT a coach and IS IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING and anyone who suggests different is to be ridiculed.

I hope he doesn't develop a stomach ulcer when Edens and Sawiris refuse to back the deals he has arranged and swan off out of the club wearing a large Fedora hat in his Ford Granada with electric windows and power steering.

would make for a great music video tbh

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, sorry.

I am sure Jesus Pitarch is probably sunning himself on a beach somewhere a girl in each arm whilst Deano is madly flicking through a filofax which used to belong to Martin O'Neil, desperately calling up managers of other clubs over the world whisky in one hand and fat cigar in the other jotting down transfer figures and wage demands on a fag packet, adding them up on a calculator before faxing over offers because he's NOT a coach and IS IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING and anyone who suggests different is to be ridiculed.

I hope he doesn't develop a stomach ulcer when Edens and Sawiris refuse to back the deals he has arranged and swan off out of the club wearing a large Fedora hat in his Ford Granada with electric windows and power steering.

Is that straight from Big Sam's autobiography?

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Spot on.

You try mentioning talk of another shit player leaving and it sends a few into uproar.

We are Premier League.

We have the 3rd Richest owners so let's try and sign who the hell we want that fits our style.

Am I the only one who cringes at the sight/ sound of "We are premier league" it feels so small time. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

No rumour or link but maybe Ben Davies as LB? Or is 26 too old now? 

I'd love that to happen, think he's a great left back, but I don't think Spuds would be willing to sell as he made 40 appearances last season.

3 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Cahill: He's now too slow and never been good enough on the ball to play the way we want, plus the wages would be obscene, nope.

Not good on the ball.. Maybe you have him mixed up with Nathan Baker? 

Cahill is superb on the ball, has won everything bar the world cup. You don't get 61 England caps if you are a clogger.

1 Champs League, 2 Premier league titles, 2 FA cups, 2 Europa Leagues, 1 League cup.

Still only 33. He won't be any slower now than he was 5 years ago. Plus he had a good rest last season and has never been injury prone.

I find it astonishing people are turning their noses up at Gary Cahill on a free transfer. Personally I'd prefer him to Mings but together they'd be impenetrable 

I'm not saying buy all the old people, but one or 2 real stars and seasoned campaigners amongst the youngsters could be the difference between mid table and relegation.

• Like 1