Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Yeah good point. Its a nice problem to have. Best to get excited about it rather than worried. Also all the outs are correct in my view , so its not like we have a choice.

The out's have been long over due imo but to be fair, of those that have since departed us but helped us on our way to promotion, I salute you.

McCormack, Richards and anyone else that contributed nothing - can go and jump. Good riddance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Suso will really need to earn his corn this summer.

Looking at out squad at this moment in time. Keeping us up next season will probably be the greatest achievement I’ve personally ever witnessed at the club. 

Bit of a stretch IMO VLV, I don't want to underestimate the task either but I think we'll be fine. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Did some digging...  This guy might have the right idea, but his dates are wrong...  The official date when we join the Premier League is this Friday, June 7th.  This is when the relegated teams "must first transfer back their share certificates that gave them Premier League status.  The Premier League Board of Directors will then confirm the cancellation of these shares.  A new share certificate for each of the promoted clubs will be signed by the Premier League directors and company secretary and the three clubs entered into the share register, as required under company law.   The confirmation of the three promoted clubs as members of the Premier League will then be made at the AGM, when the League will formally welcome them and they will be awarded their framed share certificates."

https://www.premierleague.com/news/701838

https://www.premierleague.com/news/691486?sf189739134=1

When is the AGM, if this is right, this is the date

4 hours ago, YLN said:

I probably would have given Adomah, Hutton, Jedinak and Whelan new contracts. 

The squad is very bare now, and those are reasonable back up players. Maybe not first 18 players, but there are relationships in squads that do not correlate with how good a player is. McGinn might be best friends with Adomah, and Grealish and Whelan might be thinking of buying an apartment share in Ljubljana. 

Now it might seem like a waste of money, but I think we can afford whatever their next clubs are going to pay them to keep the squad spirit as it is and even to have that depth of squad. Perhaps Hutton wouldn't be happy to be fighting with Elmo for a place on the bench and that's why he's gone, but Whelan is probably still worth a place on the bench and Adomah is a player to come in for an injury crisis. 

These aren't players who need games to progress their careers. At this stage they're probably just happy to not have to program in a new route to training on their Google Maps.

I fear our first 18 next season is going to be too dissimilar from our play off final winning team. I think the team that won the play off final would beat the teams that finished 14-17 in the Premier League this season. We fill the team with strangers and when we start losing games next season, who has an investment in the club doing well? McGinn and Grealish and Mings (IF), and they're telling Guilbert to stop googling the career progression of Amavi and Veretout, while our new attacking midfielder sits trying to text his agent underneath his shorts. Meanwhile the other 8 players we've gotten in to replace those that left are still more concerned about getting their parking passes and buying new cars with their new big money contracts, because they've finally hit the big time. 

We will spend big on players who are unproven in the premier league. Almost because it is the done thing, without thought that it might disrupt the dressing room or that these players might be absolute pants

If w ehad to El y on those players even as back ups we might as well cceot 20th. There is no way Hutton and adomah are good enough for pl level. Wgts the point of keeping them on wage bill? We might as well spend a bit of money and build a you gee fresher squad. Only one I may have kept is whelan but even him I don't think he would anywhere near good enough in pl. 

• Like 4

Might have already been brought up but I've been too busy to follow everything. 

Listening to.sone radio today and they said Sturridge is from Birmingham.

Would we risk it on a free? Heavily incentivise his contract to playing/scoring....

33 minutes ago, thunderball said:

When is the AGM, if this is right, this is the date

AGM is 6th June, so any time thereafter if this suggestion is correct. 

In the words of Gerry Anderson: GET READY FOR ACTION

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Would we risk it on a free? Heavily incentivise his contract to playing/scoring....

I'd rather sign Dean than Daniel.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'd rather sign Dean than Daniel.

or Simon Sturridge :D

If we signed Daniel would be like Micah Richards & Joleon Lescott type signings all over again. We would have learnt nada, nothing... if that ever happened.

Massive no thanks! Big names don't make a team

Majority of people only seem to suggest players they have heard of, seen play, quite well known,  or on big wages or in Sturridge's case always on treatment table! Let's find some new players with potential who Villa can improve and make into our own top class players.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Bit of a stretch IMO VLV, I don't want to underestimate the task either but I think we'll be fine. 

and me, maybe im underestimating it but I think there is some proper shit down the bottom end of the PL and I think they both have good managers and obviously finished above us but theres no reason why we cant aim to overtake sheff utd and Norwich this summer

18 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The only way i would be happy with Sturridge is on a pay as you play contract, which he won't agree to. 

His "injury" record is just horrific so a "standard" contract would be madness. 

10 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

I count 1 - Taylor. We need a first choice. 

In fairness i was counting Hause as a done deal.  Looks like Villa are dithering on him and have to agree terms with him and seal the deal by eod tomorrow.  Maybe they are looking at Moreno as a better alternative.  

Sturridge MIGHT rekindle some form and stay fit, but it's a huge risk for the money involved. Just doesn't fit the current model. Also, as much as I like our new serious owners, all this discreet business dealing is leaving a huge rumour gap in our pitiful off-season lives. Need some blumin ITK and NOW.  

• Like 1