Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 hours ago, sne said:

Makalele, Gueye..

Torriera...

Purely looking at stats alone Rongier seems perfect for what we (any club) require from an all action midfielder. 53.2 passes per game, 82.7% success rate, 2.4 key passes, 2.4 tackles. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Was on loan at Hull this year... but I must’ve missed him as I don’t remember the name.

Edit: not sure how reliable the original source, Pete O’Rourke, is? He’s freelance so could just be cooking up a story to get some clicks.

Interesting, he was excellent as a youth player at Chelsea, I don’t think anyone would make something as obscure as this up 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does every young player out on loan play for Chelsea?! It’s crazy how many players they have. 

Pretty much. I think I read somewhere that they had 43 players on loan last season. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Thats2 said:

Fair enough. Hopefully we can get to a point where we buy the Maupays and Benrahmas and loan them out, then.

But Kante was thrust directly into the PL, Sancho made his name in the Bundesliga. Gueye was decent for us and clearly PL quality, Richarlison, Mane, Vertonghen, Eriksen - all originally signed for less than 12M, all blooded in the PL. Sigurdsson, Mahrez and Alli played in the lower leagues but hit the ground running in the PL too. I hope our scouts find us that type of player, for those types of deals. 

And we all seem to be think Guilbert’s going straight into the team at RB though he was signed to help us in the Championship.

We need to sign players before they hit the big time for relatively small fees... The one we've already signed probably isn't good enough though.

I don't think that's true by the way. We weren't out of it on January 31st. I think we were like 5 points off the playoffs. You might have given up but I very much doubt the club will have. 

3 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've got fed up with browsing clickbait, so I've taken up maths instead. 

X equals the number of days left in this transfer window .... X = 65

Y equals the number of players both permanent and loans with option to buy, to complete a 25 man squad .... Y = 10.

X divided by Y = 6.5 days per signing .... it's going to be an exciting 65 days!

You are Tony and I claim my £1.

no but that’s actually interesting stats, makes me think that we perhaps have let too many of the oldies go.

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Was on loan at Hull this year... but I must’ve missed him as I don’t remember the name.

Edit: not sure how reliable the original source, Pete O’Rourke, is? He’s freelance so could just be cooking up a story to get some clicks.

Could be something in this and on the cards for a long time.

I remember him trying to aggressively switch places with Hutton when we played Hull.

Image result for todd kane

Kane also has this picture as his profile picture on Twitter, is it a cryptic message?

• Like 1

The state of the loans:

12-13 Preston North End 3 games

13-14 Blackburn 41 games

14-15 Bristol City 5 games

2015 Nottingham Forest 8 games

15-16 NEC Nijmegen 31 games

16-17 Groningen 11 games

17-18 Oxford 17 games

18-19 Hull City 39 games.

First thing that strikes me is after two decent loans in Holland you'd have thought the next step would be season long loan to premier league team or top end championship team like Tammy and Mason Mount. Instead he went to mid table Oxford in league 1.

Really don't see how he'd be good enough for premier league.

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Its like a cottage industry for them, I remember watching a mini documentary on it and the money they make is insane.

Basically buy up a load of cheap youth, loan them out and sell them for profit, most were never even bought with the idea of getting in to their first team, just being loaned out, developed and sold for a good profit, basically a side business

The new loan limit has shafted this little cottage industry though, and it's probably a good thing.

The limit isn’t in place yet.

34 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Its like a cottage industry for them, I remember watching a mini documentary on it and the money they make is insane.

Basically buy up a load of cheap youth, loan them out and sell them for profit, most were never even bought with the idea of getting in to their first team, just being loaned out, developed and sold for a good profit, basically a side business

The new loan limit has shafted this little cottage industry though, and it's probably a good thing.

It's always seemed like a bit of a money laundering scheme to me.  I have no evidence to support this of course.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Torriera...

Purely looking at stats alone Rongier seems perfect for what we (any club) require from an all action midfielder. 53.2 passes per game, 82.7% success rate, 2.4 key passes, 2.4 tackles. 

Exactly. We don't need a world beater, just need someone who can do a competent job behind our 2 world beaters. And for the reported 10m and just looking at the stats, he doesn't look so bad. If Dean and the team think he's the one, then that's even more compelling.