Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm being honest, i don't think they're good enough.

Could they feasibly get us 5th from bottom ? - I think they could.

I think next season will depend on how we perform as a team. Smith has a massive rebuilding job that is somehow taking place in the premier league, when even as late a mid march it looked like it would take place in the championship.

Great as it is to be in the PL - I dont think we can afford to buy six players costing £25m each and on 70k pw wages......(yet)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

OK - there is a place for a voice that is unrelentingly negative -  but it depends on what your ambitions are - please do spell out what standard you are holding this all to? 

I disagree. I don't think there's place for a voice which is unrelentingly negative. Each event /decision should be taken at face value, not with a preordained no. 

I agree with the release of a lot of players.  I disagree with the release of whelan.

Some posts as you rightly imply clearly have an ulterior motive . I'm not sure what that is.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We won;t be signing 20 European of Premier League stars.

I hope we don't, as it isn't sustainable. I'd much rather go for an undervalued future star that we can get for a fraction of the price. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

One of the most satisfying aspects of getting promoted was removing myself from those mind-numbing groups that only served the purpose of sometimes making it possible to watch games when you otherwise wouldn't have been able to. No need for that anymore now we're in the Premier League thank christ. 

Funny it's similar to what Wes Edens said

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Could they feasibly get us 5th from bottom ? - I think they could.

I think next season will depend on how we perform as a team. Smith has a massive rebuilding job that is somehow taking place in the premier league, when even as late a mid march it looked like it would take place in the championship.

Great as it is to be in the PL - I dont think we can afford to buy six players costing £25m each and on 70k pw wages......(yet)

Whatever our ambitions are for next season, we may not achieve what Smith perceives and understands as success. Hilariously he totally blindsided Purslow in that interview when asked about where he was looking to finish and he said "1st". :crylaugh:Thus rendering The Wee One into initial stunned silence then strangled supporting ejection of, "100%".

However, we only need to be better than three teams this year. Can we do that? In the words of Purslow, "100%".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jota and Roofe?

We're going straight down with mediocre signings like this. Uninspiring stuff

Jota appears to have legs, Roofe is pure speculation, you appear to take paper talk too seriously. If at the end of the end of the window this sums up the calibre of player we've signed then you'd have something of a point, we'd need better, but the window closes in a couple of months, still plenty of time.

11 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Although I'm not overly keen on loan signings, I wouldn't mind us bringing in a young high potential superstar that we would otherwise have no chance of signing permanently.

Reece James from Chelsea is a class act, would love a loan deal (with a view to permanent), can't see it happening though.

49 minutes ago, Indigo said:

One of the most satisfying aspects of getting promoted was removing myself from those mind-numbing groups that only served the purpose of sometimes making it possible to watch games when you otherwise wouldn't have been able to. No need for that anymore now we're in the Premier League thank christ. 

What's funny is, as an American I wasn't able to watch every match in the Championship, but the ones I did see were on the ESPN+ app, which is a vastly superior product to the NBC Sports app I'll be watching most Villa matches on next season. This is the cross I must bear. 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2019 at 16:43, Rodders said:

Going to clubs like Barnsley, and league one and two clubs suits me. I am ready for a sweeping the shit out and starting again. Get the young stars in, will need to buy a few extra as not all will come good, but as they'll be cheap that's affordable. Develop and grow a side that will play with each other for a few years. Keep loan signings to an absolute minimum. 

If Mings is willing to come then great, but frankly, 

I think Kalinic, Chester ( maybe ) and McGinn, oh and that French chap we've got coming in are the only players we keep - aside from the youngsters all on loan. Bring them back flog / release / retire everyone else:

Steer ( for his sake, needs football), Bunn, Taylor, Hutton, Kodja, Elmohamady, Jedinak, Whelan, Adomah, Bjarnason, Elphick, Lansbury, Nyland. plus Tuanzebe, Abraham, El Ghazi, Hause all go back to their clubs. Grealish is going to leave, as he should too. 

Andre Green and Davis I'm counting as youngsters for now. 

So we need a good 12-15 players to come into the first team squad. Maybe the loanees can fill some of those spots I dunno. But massive overhaul.

Absolutely no legs-gone oldies and cast outs from the Premier League club. Experience is not worth the cash right now.

🤣

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

What's funny is, as an American I wasn't able to watch every match in the Championship, but the ones I did see were on the ESPN+ app, which is a vastly superior product to the NBC Sports app I'll be watching most Villa matches on next season. This is the cross I must bear. 

I am getting a USA TV package this year for the first time since we got relegated. You are welcome America enjoy the Villa economic dividend :)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

We need to nab this Pedro Rebocho fella from Guingamp before Watford or Leicester get their grubby hands on him. You want to talk about fitting seamlessly into our style of play, go have a look at him, he’s a left back and he’s only 24 and he shouldn’t cost too much especially as Guingamp have gone down. I’d rather get him in than anyone who’s been floated.

6 minutes ago, Thats2 said:

We need to nab this Pedro Rebocho fella from Guingamp before Watford or Leicester get their grubby hands on him. You want to talk about fitting seamlessly into our style of play, go have a look at him, he’s a left back and he’s only 24 and he shouldn’t cost too much especially as Guingamp have gone down. I’d rather get him in than anyone who’s been floated.

He looks very good. But can he cross a ball like Neil Taylor? 😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Doesn't sound like someone who would bring the walls down

No he will blow the Roofe off..

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Jota appears to have legs, Roofe is pure speculation, you appear to take paper talk too seriously. If at the end of the end of the window this sums up the calibre of player we've signed then you'd have something of a point, we'd need better, but the window closes in a couple of months, still plenty of time.

Given the right coaching and bought up to standards of what Smith expect.

Expect to see more of this from Kemar..

1 hour ago, Thats2 said:

He looks good! He would fit in perfectly with our team. Hopefully our scouts have looked at him