Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

I've been arguing with certain posters we should sign Cahill for months now, glad it seems most people are on board. Partner him with Mings and we cant be bullied by anyone. 6'4 & 6'5 centre backs, both comfortable on the ball and solid. 

I had some smart Alec on twitter saying how rediculous it was, I was arguing that Cahill on a free was a no brainier in our position

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macandally said:

Definite no to Cahill, have we not learned from this type of signing?

Sign Cahill and instantly we have to defend deeper to cover off his lack of pace, that hampers our whole Dean Smith tactical approach with the high press.  I genuinely hope we take the emotion out of these signings and focus on strong, quick and hungry players.  We are not going to be shelling out Man City figures, so let’s build year on year, with emerging younger players, not has beens on their way down.

We need 4 centre backs, we have 1 and he is crocked. Hypothetically, ask yourself, would you rather Cahill or Chester?

Very happy if Mings and Axel are the other two (bought), or even Konsa.

Edited by thunderball

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Thoughts?

I think the media are determined for us to create a team full of Aston Villa fans. 

However, he always looks dangerous. Whether he can do it in the prem or not... not so sure. 

I really like the look of Phillips from Leeds. And Alioski. 

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jota and Roofe?

We're going straight down with mediocre signings like this. Uninspiring stuff

Difficult to be inspired, when you do not understand the meaning of the word.

And I'll add, what is your angle? You're getting a lot of negative responses, always, but carry on blithely, this is intentional right? Are you going to reveal yourself as a Blue nose? 

Edited by Jareth

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jota and Roofe?

We're going straight down with mediocre signings like this. Uninspiring stuff

Don't think like that, Smith will have them dancing like Swans while the club's they come from couldn't get a tune from them.

Smith is the key here I think, he knows Jota and obviously sees something in Roofe. 

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

And I'll add, what is your angle? You're getting a lot of negative responses, always, but carry on blithely, this is intentional right? Are you going to reveal yourself as a Blue nose? 

I'm being honest, i don't think they're good enough.

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You should go have a look at the Facebook groups, it is very hard to keep your sanity.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

It's June 1st, there are 2 months left of the transfer window.

We need SQUAD players.

We won;t be signing 20 European of Premier League stars.

Also, not every bit of speculation in the papers are true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

OK - there is a place for a voice that is unrelentingly negative -  but it depends on what your ambitions are - please do spell out what standard you are holding this all to? 

• Haha 1