Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Still not linked with any dmf?

Now I think Smith got it wrong yesterday....he should have been driving around the country looking for a holding midfielder.....everyone can see that going into the next 3 months without one is just pure craziness!!

• Haha 2

A lot of the names we've been linked with so far are players I expect we might have been after had we not been promoted.

Jota, McEachran, Arter (Hause). 

Then again we need a squad so I'm sure the more ambitious signings will take a bit more work to find and sign.

Be interesting to how this summer plays out.

14 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I hope that's a move that never happens, I do not want to see dwight Gayle here at this club, can't stand him. His approach, antics on the pitch just say it all for me.

But just imagine how the Tesco bags would feel about us signing him. Agreed he is a nasty piece of work, but that might not be so bad a thing if he's playing for us. The question is would he score goals in the PL and would Newcastle be realistic regarding a fee? Jota and Gayle, what next Mason Mount to annoy the Derby fans as well? ;)  

I don't believe for one minute that Smith and Purslow are currently chasing most of the so called 'targets' that the media keep mentioning. Remember the cooling down period for thought and reflection on our newly changed circumstances that CP mentioned in the interview?

We wouldn't need SUSO and the new scouting set up if we were just chasing ordinary and readily available signings. Filling the squad with 'average players' is not what we're about.

The media doesn't have an option, they have to feed clickbait with lies and lazy speculation if they want to get their money on a daily basis. We just have to be patient and wait for the club to do it's job quietly and responsibly, when they're sure that their targets will give them a totally balanced and interchangeable squad.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sne said:

A lot of the names we've been linked with so far are players I expect we might have been after had we not been promoted.

Though the aim is obviously to push on in the PL, i think it would be rank bad management to not even consider the fact we could come back down. 

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Possibly for Jota, reports on Twitter saying the deals done. 

Yep if i was a betting man I'd say Jota as well. Seems like the deal is basically done apart from how much money we are throwing their way. 

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Think we should consider letting elmo go. Won't be good enough in pl. Also we have the new French lad. I think we need another rb so don't see why we should keep elmk around. I'm sure there will be interest in him esp from bruce

I think we should be careful in not trying to rush the transition.

Elmo knows the division and more importantly knows how the team works. 

He could be important as a squad player next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

Was Barry an academy product? I thought he was bought from Brighton and was in the first team within a few months aged 17. A great purchase but not really an academy product?

He means Barry Bannan 😂

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Think we should consider letting elmo go. Won't be good enough in pl. Also we have the new French lad. I think we need another rb so don't see why we should keep elmk around. I'm sure there will be interest in him esp from bruce

Since unbeaten run until final was there a  Villa player that contributed to more goals? If was fantasy would've been credited with 2-3 more assists than actual acknowledged. Don't even know if relegated French guy is any good. His raw stats are not amazing but could be because playing for rubbish team

No chance. We scored more goals from crosses than any other team in the Championship, and Elmo is the best crosser of the ball in the squad. In addition, we also already need around 10 new players to integrate. No chance at all we are selling a consistently reliable performer, who has been an automatic pick for this manager for months. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Jarpie said:

Was looking at the playlists in AVFC youtube channel, and I spotted playlist "New arrivals 2019/2020", with one video being private...might be that they've gotten one through already.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiR0-7AEE2HqLxkDbCjRrk9Ho6jpcopTS

Edit: And yes, I'm back, bitches!

Jota probably.

I really want us to get Lolley. Best performance of a non Villa player at Villa Park last season, 4 assists and a goal. Think he will step up to the challenge and be another we can be proud of. Cheeky bid for Albrighton too please; we can build something special and unique. Flood the squad with fans.

• Like 1

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I really want us to get Lolley. Best performance of a non Villa player at Villa Park last season, 4 assists and a goal. Think he will step up to the challenge and be another we can be proud of. Cheeky bid for Albrighton too please; we can build something special and unique. Flood the squad with fans.

Lolley I can sort of understand, but I wouldn't touch Albrighton. Let's leave the past behind and see who Suso and Smith can bring in.

Still wouldn't want Lolley for £10m though.

• Like 2

I think is get your point, but he would be useful cover on the bench for RB or RW, which might be useful.

His form under Smith may also hint at a better player than we've seen from him over the years under the management of Mr Potato-Cabbage.

1 hour ago, New_Hope said:

he should have been driving around the country looking for a holding midfielder..

I don't think he will find a DM by randomly driving around and looking for one on the street! You can get arrested for that! Maybe he will bump into Bruce who is still involved in a high speed chase down the M6 with Joe Bryan😂😂😂

• Haha 1