Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Strikes me that Mings was very much a moneyball signing (albeit on loan) - dodgy injury record that wasn't as bad as it seemed and therefore significantly undervalued. No one expected him to perform like he has. 

I expect a few more of this type that don't immediately seem exciting but have the potential to overachieve vs outlay. Hopefully allowing us to splash out on one or two more marquee signings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

Gardener and Adomah out.

Jota and hopefully McEachran in.

Seems like really good business to me for what will be similar wages and just a 4m spend. Both would provide strong back up this season, Smith knows them well, and should the unthinkable happen, would both be good enough for a championship winning team. 

Not sure mceachran would be a good signing.

He rarely gets in the Brentford team and if you read their forum they don't exactly speak highly of him.

• Like 1

Also, I really hope we don't sign Cahill.

He's old and slow, that would force us to play witg a deeper line and it would impact our forward play.

We need a Mings/Tuanzebe type, good age, mobile, competent on the ball etc, give options on how you play.

If we signed Cahill we would have to sit with a deeper line as he would be skinned by most of the forward lines in the prem.

I would keep Elmo as back up but it wouldn't be a surprise if we got another right back in. Who is to say Guilbert isnt the intended back up, or that the plan is to have 2 players genuinely competing for each position?

Elmo would worry me if we had to rely on him for extended periods in the PL. I don't think were signing Taverner though. Justin seemed more likely.

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

Gardener and Adomah out.

Jota and hopefully McEachran in.

He’s a busted flush. If he can’t get in the Brentford team in the championship, he offers us nothing in the Premier League. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, choffer said:

He’s a busted flush. If he can’t get in the Brentford team in the championship, he offers us nothing in the Premier League. 

YOUR'E NOT WRONG, SEE MY PREVIOUS POST:

Why do you think we let him go, He can be very, very good in patches with a raking pass, but they are few and far between, does not like to get involved in tackling, pathetic at any form of defending, very lazy at times, gets injured a lot, he suffers from a bit of Bertie Big Bo££ocks attitude, just because he came from Chelsea, we have better midfielders than him, so he was deemed surplus to requirements, DS might get something out of him as he tended to pick him, Jota is a different kettle of fish, but only one footed, the Premiership will soon suss him out, but a good squad player.

Edited by jonjon
  • Like 4

I wonder when we will get some confirmed signings?

If the rumours are true that Mings, Hause, El Ghazi are close to done or done?, and Jita supposedly had a medical yesterday?

Need to know!!, the wait is killing me :)

24 minutes ago, jonjon said:

YOUR'E NOT WRONG, SEE MY PREVIOUS POST:

Why do you think we let him go, He can be very, very good in patches with a raking pass, but they are few and far between, does not like to get involved in tackling, pathetic at any form of defending, very lazy at times, gets injured a lot, he suffers from a bit of Bertie Big Bo££ocks attitude, just because he came from Chelsea, we have better midfielders than him, so he was deemed surplus to requirements, DS might get something out of him as he tended to pick him, Jota is a different kettle of fish, but only one footed, the Premiership will soon suss him out, but a good squad player.

Yeah he sounds too similar to hourihane for my liking, can pick a pass but no real use defensively, which isn't ideal for a holding midfielder.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Still not linked with any dmf?

Love the whole 'linked with' thing!

......however I prefer signings!

In the grand scheme of things its only been 5 days!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's the 1st June.

While this is true and players are on vacations etc. etc. We have to do a lot of work this summer, so I think it's reasonable to expect early signings so we can get prepared during preseason. I'd honestly be worried if we don't sign 5 good players the next 6 weeks. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I just like to see our academy players do well and I’m always gutted when they leave but occasionally you get a Grealish or a Barry. I’ll find the next one 😊

Was Barry an academy product? I thought he was bought from Brighton and was in the first team within a few months aged 17. A great purchase but not really an academy product?

• Like 2

Think we should consider letting elmo go. Won't be good enough in pl. Also we have the new French lad. I think we need another rb so don't see why we should keep elmk around. I'm sure there will be interest in him esp from bruce

• Like 1
  • Sad 1