Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Do you think we could get him if we offered more pay? 

See what I did, there? 'More pay'... geddit? 

Oh, suit yourself. 

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Favourites for Maupay according to Nixon.

5 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Nice.  How much more are we getting ?

'ITK' poster on Sheffield United forum saying that they've agreed a fee with Brentford and terms with Maupay, but they won't know until Wednesday or Thurdsay whether they're going to get him or not, because he has more than one offer on the table. Same poster said previously that there was a chance that he will end up at Bournemouth. Of course that's the kind of 'ITK' that anyone could come out with really, but all the other posters on there seem to see him as someone who has inside information.

Regardless of whether the above is accurate or not, I've a feeling we're not in for Maupay, the press seem to link us heavily with a player and then we end up with someone completely different.

• Like 1

I didn't think we'd try to sign another CB after Konsa, but signing Engels will show that we are trying to build a squad capable of finishing higher than 17th.

Based on this, and the fact that Dean Smith has already signed 2 of his former players in Konsa and Jota, I think we will be making a move for Maupay.

Let's just hope he sees how ambitious we are and is happy to join a team with a lot of competition for places. By the sounds of it he likes a scrap, so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

For some reason gone off the idea of signing Maupay ... just doesn’t feel right to me ... little doubt we will get him just not sold on him personally anymore but not sure why ?! 

A winger/wide right forward who if needed could play up top as the main striker would be great. 

I know Leao’s name was mentioned a few weeks ago, all seems to have gone quiet so don’t see that happening. But someone like that would be really great, would happily see us pay a bit more for that kind of versatility.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Tom Bayliss from Coventry £3 mill release clause reportedly ... 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/tom-bayliss/profil/spieler/425799

Yeah, our man @Villan4Life suggested him donkeys ago and highlighted way back then what a great signing he would be at such a price.

Nothing new here.

Credit to him for spotting him many moons ago.

Ok, after 6 hours driving, a 12 hour overnight ferry ride and then another 2 hours drive, I log on and......

No one has officially signed!?!?!?!

What's the latest with Luiz and Engels?, any other news?

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

For some reason gone off the idea of signing Maupay ... just doesn’t feel right to me ... little doubt we will get him just not sold on him personally anymore but not sure why ?! 

We still need a pacey little bulldog of a striker IMO though, whether it be Maupay or not.

Or Dean might just decide to stick with Hogan for all we know!

(As much shit as he gets, no one knows if with a full preseason under his belt, and with better players around, he will do better, he is a poacher and harrier, he can;t create for himself, that is how he has found success in the past.)

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

A winger/wide right forward who if needed could play up top as the main striker would be great. 

I know Leao’s name was mentioned a few weeks ago, all seems to have gone quiet so don’t see that happening. But someone like that would be really great, would happily see us pay a bit more for that kind of versatility.

With the way we’ve been working recently that would be more likely to mean we are signing him

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Ok, after 6 hours driving, a 12 hour overnight ferry ride and then another 2 hours drive, I log on and......

No one has officially signed!?!?!?!

What's the latest with Luiz and Engels?, any other news?

Luiz is in Minnesota judging from the video on villareport's twitter page, so the deal must be near to completion

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I haven’t seen much of Maupay. Is he a Hogan style grafter that is actually good at football and can finish? 

Hogan had a better goal scoring record for us 21 in 33  Maupay 37 in 85 for us.Two very different type of players Maupay is a very aggressive player who considering his size is very strong on the ball and operates better around the 6. Yard box.I was surprised DS couldn’t get Hogan back on track when he joined you and think if he wanted Maupay he would have been in for him by now as he had a great relationship with him.It would be a big step up for him in the PL and maybe Dean has doubts. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jdguitar said:

Luiz is in Minnesota judging from the video on villareport's twitter page, so the deal must be near to completion

If Luiz is in Minnesota, I assume the deal is complete. He’ll be able to train with us even before the permit verdict arrives. Not sure if he can play a friendly?