Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It says he's 5'6" so nearly an inch shorter than Aguero. Surprisingly Fraser who was standout player last season for Bournemouth is only 5'4"

The more the game becomes a matter of space and pace, the less size begins to matter. Not to say that it doesn't matter at all.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

The more the game becomes a matter of space and pace, the less size begins to matter. Not to say that it doesn't matter at all.

I don't think it matters for an attacking player. Lower centre of gravity and all that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If you want slightly more impressive than Chris Herd, Lothar Matthaus is 5'8 and was when he was the best sweeper in the world 30 years ago. 

So it's not just your fancy dan 5'5 Maradonas. 

Very true. If I remember correctly there was an Argentinian CB (Ayala?) that was around 5'8 as well. I also think Baresi and Cannavaro were fairly short. 

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It says he's 5'6" so nearly an inch shorter than Aguero. Surprisingly Fraser who was standout player last season for Bournemouth is only 5'4"

That can't be right? For real? Sounds improbable. 

30 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

David Speedie , what a horrible little man, he was.

Quick though!

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

David Speedie , what a horrible little man, he was.

If you were playing against him,yeah.....like a little Jack Russell.

Maupay has a similar aggressive streak,I'm glad to say.....must be the Argentinian Mother.

Edited by TRO

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Alan Wright was about 5’3, didn’t do him any harm!

Edited by Killeen30
  • Like 1