Racism Part two

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, blandy said:

There's one round the corner from the house, which is Red, white and Blue, sort of like the czech flag, but with a star on the blue triangle bit. I have no idea what place it's from. It's quite nice though.

When I find out what country it is I can go round and be all racist at them for being from somewhere with not as much virus and racisms as us. I need to know where it's from.

Puerto Rico?

RQ-flag.gif

47 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Do people think that the UK(BLMUK) are just about racial equality. Has anybody actually read their GoFundMe page. One of there aims is to abolish the police force. 

I started reading their GoFundMe page, rolled my eyes a bunch, and gave up when I got to the outright lies, "Black people in the UK are more likely to be in prison than those in the US. This is racism."

They don't have a source, and we know that 1 in 3 black men in the US will go to prison, I've never read such a load of bollocks.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ok but that doesn't really answer the question though does it?

No just from reading that page but talking about the abolition of the police force is a bit extreme. No problem with left wing ideology.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Philippines?

23 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Puerto Rico?

Thanks both, but no - just been and snapped it. I need to know where it's from if I'm going to get started at this racism thing - I mean I need to know where to tell the lovely people to go back to, right?

IMG_1639.jpeg

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

No just from reading that page but talking about the abolition of the police force is a bit extreme. No problem with left wing ideology.

More than a bit extreme. 

I've been a frequent critic of the UK police, most frequently due to their overreach in enforcing non-existent lockdown laws, but this is another example of some people importing American outrage for problems that either don't exist here, or at least don't to anywhere near the same degree. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Texas

Ah Thanks, that would make sense, as there used to be a mahoosive @Dom_Wren type Ford pick up parked across the road from that house.

Thing is, I might have to not do the racism, as maybe Texans are better at it than I would be? I might stick to not being a word removed for the time being (yeah, yeah...).

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

More than a bit extreme. 

I've been a frequent critic of the UK police, most frequently due to their overreach in enforcing non-existent lockdown laws, but this is another example of some people importing American outrage for problems that either don't exist here, or at least don't to anywhere near the same degree. 

I was trying to be diplomatic, but yes I'm shocked by a lot of this and they have already raised 750, 000

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Thanks both, but no - just been and snapped it. I need to know where it's from if I'm going to get started at this racism thing - I mean I need to know where to tell the lovely people to go back to, right?

IMG_1639.jpeg

Texas?

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, Texas, lone star and all that.

Best states flag is Arizona, btw.

Got a giant Arizona flag knocking around somewhere.

Arizona is good, but for my money the best is South Carolina:

1200px-Flag_of_South_Carolina.svg.png

EDIT: Speaking from a design perspective of course, meaning-wise it has plenty of negative history, exactly as you would expect of that state . . .

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Very much on topic for the thread, at the end of this video you can have the joy of watching Nick Ferrari asking Afua Hirsch why she doesn't leave the country and live somewhere else if she has problems with it:

He'd have lost his job for saying that about a dozen years ago; I bet nothing at all happens today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Thing is, I might have to not do the racism, as maybe Texans are better at it than I would be? I might stick to not being a word removed for the time being (yeah, yeah...).

Good plan. If they're Texan, they've probably got guns too ;)

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Staggers me people have more of an issue with the burning of a piece of cloth than the decades long systematic mistreatment of an entire race of people.

They don't.  Just because you have a conversation about the burning of a flag it doesn't mean you've dismissed everything els! 

Â