Racism Part two

Demitri_C

Anyone else had a nose send them. A picture of the dodgy 1950's Villa Mascot called Darkie?  

I'm hoping it's fake because it really doesn't look good.  I've never seen or heard of it before. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Anyone else had a nose send them. A picture of the dodgy 1950's Villa Mascot called Darkie?  

I'm hoping it's fake because it really doesn't look good.  I've never seen or heard of it before. 

It is real. It's not great, but it was over 60 years ago. The Black and White Minstrel show was only getting started in the 50s and ran until 1978. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

@Stevo985 posted a picture of Darkie the mascot back in 2013 in the Lions thread

It’s from the 50’s it would be a bit different if he was still the mascot.

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

@Stevo985 posted a picture of Darkie the mascot back in 2013 in the Lions thread

It’s from the 50’s it would be a bit different if he was still the mascot.

Did I?

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Did I?

I keep a ledger of all your old posts, for April 16th, I’ve written ‘Steve posting again, yet more of his racist shit housery’

the ledger is rarely wrong

(it actually came up on a google search for ‘villa mascot darkie’)

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well you clearly don’t. It’s not censorship. Just because you only use Netflix and amazon prime doesn’t mean you’ve been censored. 

You can’t watch The Wire on Netflix and Amazon either. That doesn’t mean it’s been censored and you’re being told what you can or can’t watch. 

I know that but can’t be bothered anymore

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Like, why can't I frown upon the person burning a flag (as much as I'm absolutely not arsed about flags, people who join the forces seem to think a lot of it)

I like when Jackson Pollock jizzes all over them and they end up as album art.

Taking cloth as seriously as some military folk might is  very Game Of Thronesy IMO.

How long before Villa start editing out all of Lee Hendrie's brown face footage ?

It was a different time and everybody was "Ronsealing" back then but it's not a good look in the modern times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

You know you've **** up when tea companies get to take the moral high ground over you

Moral high ground but not the intellectual high ground for the Tips. She still only needs to find one tea brand, not two ;)

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I responded by asking him if he could remind me what the name of their "hooligan firm" was. 

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The Colston statue dunking is better understood as civil disobedience, and we usually end up concluding that those who broke the law in the service of a just cause did nothing wrong. If you find yourself reflexively disgusted with what is happening, ask yourself why so many people across the country and overseas are spontaneously following.

Who is disgusted by what's happening?  I don't think anyone on this board is genuinely disgusted by it, so that phrase wasn't really required.  You could have posed it as "this is what is happening elsewhere". 

I mean.. I don't agree with people cutting down the statues as opposed to getting it done in a more official capacity, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.  

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Who is disgusted by what's happening?  I don't think anyone on this board is genuinely disgusted by it, so that phrase wasn't really required.  You could have posed it as "this is what is happening elsewhere".

Thanks for your suggested edits, but I'm happy with my version.

Â