Racism Part two

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But what if a white man burns a African flag? That opens up another racist debate

You have to take each case with a level of nuance. 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Depends on how and why he is burning it  ...

If he's protesting against the regime of  Wakanda I doubt there would be much said , if he was burning it because the people of Wakanda were black then clearly he's protesting on grounds of race and should be dealt with the same way I'd expect anyone other race crime to be dealt with .

Yeah i agree with that tone. For me its the intent of it. But i think people would call it racist whether know the intent or not

Edited by Demitri_C

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i agree with that tone. For me its the intent of it. But i think people would call it racist whether know the intent or not

Well allegedly anyway

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Anybody got any favourite flags?

Bhutan and Barbados always stand out for me, along with Wales, obvs.

Clearly the flag of Cyprus is epic but dig the flags of Nepal and Papua New Guinea

200.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andyjsg said:

It also works the other way though, I watch in disgust at some of the videos from the last week of the police battering the peaceful protesters, but then look at this (less peaceful for sure) and have the exact opposite feelings

I know exactly what you mean, but I've been forcing myself to be consistent about it. Troublingly large number of fash there to be honest, they seem to be getting bigger crowds these days.

I think Albania's two-headed black-eagle-thingy looks cool.

Eliza Dushku Tattoos (With images) | Eliza dushku, Albanian tattoo ...

Can't put my finger on why though.

Bhutan and Barbados always stand out for me, along with Wales, obvs.

Always feel a little bit sad for those countries that have settled on a combination of red, white and blue stripes. Not super imaginative. I’d stick them all together in the Olympic parade to see how many people could spot the difference between Russia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Costa Rica, Paraguay, Thailand, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia...

Being a complete saddo, I of course have favourite flags, and thoughts on what makes a good flag and so on. I definitely like Barbados, and Bhutan is good from a distance or at a small size, but maybe a bit fussy. I don't mind assymetry, but clean designs are best. Hong Kong and South Korea are two favourites that spring to mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

There's one round the corner from the house, which is Red, white and Blue, sort of like the czech flag, but with a star on the blue triangle bit. I have no idea what place it's from. It's quite nice though.

When I find out what country it is I can go round and be all racist at them for being from somewhere with not as much virus and racisms as us. I need to know where it's from.

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

There's one round the corner from the house, which is Red, white and Blue, sort of like the czech flag, but with a star on the blue triangle bit. I have no idea what place it's from. It's quite nice though.

When I find out what country it is I can go round and be all racist at them for being from somewhere with not as much virus and racisms as us. I need to know where it's from.

Philippines?

Flag_of_the_Philippines.gif

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Do people think that the UK(BLMUK) are just about racial equality. Has anybody actually read their GoFundMe page. One of there aims is to abolish the police force. 

Why don't you tell us what you think they're about first. Enlighten us

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Why don't you tell us what you think they're about first. Enlighten us

As far as I know they are the organisers of the protest marches. I was just watching Mahyar Tousi on YouTube and he said he has death threats because he tried to clean up Churchills Statue

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

As far as I know they are the organisers of the protest marches. I was just watching Mahyar Tousi on YouTube and he said he has death threats because he tried to clean up Churchills Statue

Ok but that doesn't really answer the question though does it?

Â