Norwich City

TRO

I've no idea, I should have said  apparently got someone lined up, as that's just a rumour, although I think it come from the same source that broke the news that he's been sacked. Either way I think it's obvious that the decision to sack him would have made before today's result, they haven't suddenly decide to let him go after beating Brentford.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, useless said:

Seems Farke has been sacked and they've already got someone lined up to replace him.

Will definitely have someone ready to go. They are really really well run. Building a PL squad with barely any investment/external capital is nigh on impossible.

They're doing their best to be a PL regular in 3/4 seasons.

Two weeks to work with the squad for new fella. As good a time as any to sack a manager...

Edited by Tomaszk

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Bonkers decision, only just been promoted.

What do the owners expect 

They expect to put up a bit of a fight, I imagine. There's a bitter irony that despite today's result,I suspect it's the comparison with Brentford that's done him in, I'm not surprised they're tired of running away with the championship, then going down in last place without a whimper.

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Why after they've finally won!?

Almost certainly because they had already decided to do it, maybe didn't quite have it in place, but they thought the international break would be the best time (they're right).

Or maybe because they think we'll be sacking Smith in the near future and they wanted to get someone we might be interested in too.

8 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

For the second time in 3 years. And they're worse than last time.

I imagine the owners want to see progress. He's taken them backwards

13 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Before yesterday they had scored 3, conceded 25 in 10 games. 

There was no pragmatism in their play, didn't seem to adjust anything for the PL. 

They should have let him start next season, see if he'll get them promoted again and if he did get them up they could have let him go then. Would be very harsh but probably the best thing for the club. 

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Not being funny, but they are absolutely mental to sack Farke.

He has taken them to the Prem twice in 3 years, yes he got relegated, but my lord, Norwich's net spend on transfers over the last 5 years is MINUS £41m........they made a 41m profit in the transfer market over 5 years, and he got them promoted twice, while playing very good football, even if it didnt quite suit the PL, but not sure if thats the tactics or the players?

I dunno....what more could they ask of a manager with a net income in the transfer market over the last 4/5 years?, i think its completely idiotic.

Exactly this.

I was shocked and gutted to learn that Norwich had sacked Farke.

He's been a great manager for that club and yes they've gone down but he gets them right back up in a heartbeat on less than a shoestring. 

Maybe had they gave Farke a bit more funds to build with they wouldn't be in the position they are at the moment.

Crazy descision.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Â