Norwich City

TRO

Wagner is not good but the problems here are well above his head.

This will likely be the end for Wagner but hopefully it can also fastrack some of the other more important changes we've got coming.

It's just a poor team now by championship standards.

Look at what started for them today.

Oriel Hernandez was getting loaned out to SHA last year and now he's a starter for them where Buendia or Cantwell used to play.

The Hwang upfront is 31 and in last few years he's been at Forest and never played. Went to Olympiakos and scored 5 times without scoring. Last season on loan back in korea and scored 4 in 18 games. Teemu Puuki he ain't.

In defence don't know a huge amount about them but I presume guys like Jack Stacey, Warner and Giannoulis are a step down on when you went up in 2019 with Aarons, Godfrey and Lewis.

Should stay up but will be a long old way off 6th place. Watford have had a similar trajectory to you since getting relegated from prem in 2022 so that's where just being a yo-yo team can wear a club out sometimes although their approach is far more scattergun than what you do.

Unsurprisingly the new Sporting Director's holiday has been cut short, he now starts next Monday. Looking forward to seeing what he's all about, hopefully he's got a strong idea about what he wants on the pitch, like the Stuart Webber of 5 or 6 years ago. Assume he'll sack the manager and be looking to appoint one over the break, granted I'd be shocked if he hadn't been on that for weeks already.

I don't really buy the 'well with that squad of course they're where they are' mentality. I think there are probably 3 squads in the division that are significantly stronger than the rest and then there's a massive group of clubs at a similar level. Are Ipswich, West Brom and Preston's squads in the top 6 on pure squad strength or do they have strong management building strong foundations and a strong mentality? 

The largest flaw in our squad is that we don't have a second Josh Sargent, somebody that can really lead the line in Wagner's setup. There's no surprise that we've spiraled ever since and as I'm sure you've all seen first hand a lot of okay players become bad players when things aren't going well. 

Anyway, reset button about to be hit. Exciting times, hopefully.

Â