Norwich City

TRO

Just now, villalad21 said:

Farke won 2 Championships.

Will be a big task for Smith to improve on that.

Doubt he will get the chance tbh. His job was to keep them up. 

42 minutes ago, jim said:

Doubt he will get the chance tbh. His job was to keep them up. 

Was it? How do you know that? 

My guess would be to keep them respectable this season and then get them up again next year

Pep would struggle to keep this team up, they're shit 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Was it? How do you know that? 

Smith has said as much himself in various interviews.

"I've seen how progressive this club has been. Yes, it's been difficult in the Premier League so far. Mine and Craig [Shakespeare's] job, along with the rest of the staff and Stuart [Webber], is to keep us in the league this season and that's firmly what we believe we can do.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11709/12470741/dean-smith-new-norwich-head-coach-says-job-is-not-a-risk-and-believes-he-can-keep-premier-leagues-bottom-side-up

We're back to this in the Dean Smith thread... 

He's not going to say his job is to get relegated and then do well next year is he? 

He's not going to say we don't stand a chance of staying up cos the owners bought a team of shit championship level players

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, jim said:

In fairness in the same interview he says taking the job is not a risk and if it was he wouldn’t have taken it (he literally says that). 

He says it’s not a risk, he says the job is to keep them up. I think it is a risk (all football jobs are) and while the job is ultimately winning matches and succeeding which for Norwich would be survival, I don’t think he gets the boot if they’re relegated. Maybe if they fail to register 20 points or something they’d act.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We're back to this in the Dean Smith thread... 

He's not going to say his job is to get relegated and then do well next year is he? 

He's not going to say we don't stand a chance of staying up cos the owners bought a team of shit championship level players

You asked me how I knew that and I provided a word for word quote of what I posted 🤷‍♂️

Personalky I believe his remit was to keep them up, otherwise why sack Farke if they were happy being relegated? 

Team they've got out today with injuries and covid is far weaker than the one that won championship last season.

It reminds me mid season in 19/20 when we lost at Watford or somewhere with likes of Lansbury, Hause, Taylor and Samatta all starting and it was nowhere near quality of team we went up with.

Just hope it's not one of those runs where Norwich lose ten straight as DS would probably struggle to make end of the season and that would be massive shame. I think they'll pick up eventually but they'll be a good 10 points off 17th.

Smith is a poor manager and now Norwich are seeing why we sacked him. He'll probably get the sack from there too as they got rid of Farke because they didn't want to go down. Bet they wish they had stuck with him now! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

How to bin a respectable CV in a few easy steps.

He would have if he played his cards right got a decent job again.

Norwich are an absolutely pointless non entity unambitious waste of oxygen

Who else would have given Smith a job in the premier league? I doubt anyone. Norwich stick with their managers and will be favourites to go straight back up like every relegated team is.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Who else would have given Smith a job in the premier league? I doubt anyone. Norwich stick with their managers and will be favourites to go straight back up like every relegated team is.

Burnley arguably Brighton if they sacked Potter. the rest I couldnt see them hiring an English manager

Â