Norwich City

TRO

Just watched an outstanding display from them.....showing all the pitch craft I would like to see from my Villa team....a master class of pressing and combative spirit, with a exhibition of composure.

This team has been put together with modest funds, mainly free transfers from the German league.

I guess Farke is well connected to do as well as he has in the transfer Market.....It fly's in the face of our expensive and cumbersome attempts to get back.

If any Villa fan wants to know how to get out of this league....Watch the Leeds v Norwich game , Norwich on that display have the answer.

• Like 1

Yep I previously said that if they managed to get to the start of February having just had a tricky run and still be at the top they’d have done very well.

Well, somehow they’re top despite having won just two of the previous eight games before today. That’s a sort of run which would have us on here kicking off no matter who was in charge. Yet we seem to get punished for having a bad run (this season and last season) and Norwich somehow get through it.

Football, eh?

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yep I previously said that if they managed to get to the start of February having just had a tricky run and still be at the top they’d have done very well.

Well, somehow they’re top despite having won just two of the previous eight games before today. That’s a sort of run which would have us on here kicking off no matter who was in charge. Yet we seem to get punished for having a bad run (this season and last season) and Norwich somehow get through it.

Football, eh?

Well, if you watched that game....I have not seen Villa play with that amount of energy or intensity for years.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well, if you watched that game....I have not seen Villa play with that amount of energy or intensity for years.

No I didn’t watch the game. I was merely pointing out that they’ve been on a less than stellar run of late yet it doesn’t seem to have impeded their promotion push in the calamitous way our bad runs seem to.

Lost their best players and regrouped to rebuild.

Thank god they didn't have a dinosaur manager to make excuses about it all and then suggest mid table was expected.

1 hour ago, andym said:

Said it on the promotion thread - we point to McGinn as an example of great workrate and energy, but he's an exception for us. 

Norwich have a team full of players getting around the pitch like him.

exactly

Hadn’t realised just how much they’ve brought in from selling players since the summer of 2017. I knew about Maddison, but a quick look suggests the transfer money from him Josh and Jacob Murphy, Pritchard, Howson looks like it’s brought in £50m-£60m.

They haven’t gone crazy with their purchases either, looks like their biggest expense is Grant Hanley for £3m or so.

9 hours ago, andym said:

Said it on the promotion thread - we point to McGinn as an example of great workrate and energy, but he's an exception for us. 

Norwich have a team full of players getting around the pitch like him.

I'd imagine with a full pre-season we will look similar next season. High fitness is a pre-requisite for a Smith side and you cannot effectively build that up without a pre-season.

A beacon for what patience and good strategy can do. I am sure it was frustrating as hell for those fans the past 18 months, very up and down team who seem to have got it together.

A reminder to myself to just take the 6 months now as they come and not to stress about it. Most of this squad will be gone, and then we will see if our strategy and transfer policy is on point.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

to be fair, considering they are playing against Liverpool, their passing is crisp and impressive, they could genuinely have scored 2.

Reckon Norwich will record some interesting wins this season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â