Norwich City

TRO

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

For the second time in 3 years. And they're worse than last time.

I imagine the owners want to see progress. He's taken them backwards

I was of this view until I saw the net spend posted above.

I can see there being frustration with them winning the Championship then looking worse than the other 2 promoted teams when they come up, but with their budget, he's worked an absolute miracle.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can see there being frustration with them winning the Championship then looking worse than the other 2 promoted teams when they come up, but with their budget, he's worked an absolute miracle.

I agree.

With the results they have had this season so far, no one expected them to get anything against Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea, but in their other games they have drawn or only lost by the odd goal or two and not complete hammerings by every team they play.

I think he is very unlucky to have lost his job and I don't know what more the board expected of him given the group of players he's got and the peanuts he's had to work with.

Baffling.

4 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Norwich have publicised their shortlist for manager according to Sky, Lampard, Hasenhuttl, and Dean Smith. So that a realistic option of one, and I think Dean deserves a rest and a better club!

Would be bizarre for Hasenhuttl to go there so don't see that as realistic option.

Lampard would probably play Billy Gilmour more and they have some other young players but not sure he'd jump at that with them all but down, think he'd be smarter waiting for perhaps Southampton job to come up.

Think it's Deans if he really wants it. Would certainly get down to VP for Norwich home game next year to give him a clap for last three years.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Lampard has pulled out on Norwich, leaving them with egg on their face.

I think you've misunderstood, he's pulled out of the 'race'. Apparently there's some kind of race going on to be next Norwich manager, according to the media. I've never known that pathetic media go-to to sound more abject.

Anybody with any desire to progress their career. Lampard. Smith etc..  that takes that job is a **** idiot.

At best you get relegated.

At best you get promoted.

At best you get £8.66 to spend.

At best you go down with a bit of fight and don't get sacked.

Pathetic club. Pathetic board.

Get Big Sam in

Just seen Billy Gilmour is at Norwich, I’d forgot that. Smith will get the best of him, he’s similar to how Woods used to for Brentford and that was the fulcrum of the team. I always thought that the position Smith never got right at us and thus not replicate the football like at Brentford. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Just seen Billy Gilmour is at Norwich, I’d forgot that. Smith will get the best of him, he’s similar to how Woods used to for Brentford and that was the fulcrum of the team. I always thought that the position Smith never got right at us and thus not replicate the football like at Brentford. 

Luiz played on the whole alright but I get your point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For 2 PL seasons in a row they've been done for since the transfer window shut

Old cliche though, it's not games vs spurs away that relegate you, their best hope is that Brentford or a.n.other get dragged in there too, it won't be Everton us or Leeds 

Losing to us at home is the one they can't afford to do

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

For 2 PL seasons in a row they've been done for since the transfer window shut

Old cliche though, it's not games vs spurs away that relegate you, their best hope is that Brentford or a.n.other get dragged in there too, it won't be Everton us or Leeds 

Losing to us at home is the one they can't afford to do

But lose to us they will.

Â