Norwich City

TRO

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Burnley arguably Brighton if they sacked Potter. the rest I couldnt see them hiring an English manager

But wait I thought Potter was the bestest manager ever?

Dyche has the job for life even if they go down. They play utterly different football to Smith style so the matchup wouldn't work even if Dyche got a better job.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Thoughts on Billy Gilmour? Not a week goes by without me signing Norwich fans crucify him.

Vs us and then I think vs Newcastle pre Xmas is probably the only time I've really watched him properly... Didn't rate him in the slightest, he looks ponderous on the ball to me, doesn't spread it wide quick enough and to steal a NFL QB term you can almost see him going through his reads and taking another touch having another look rather than just seeing that good easy pass first and making it quickly 

I'm sure chuk done him for one of our goals, just simply wanted it more from memory 

He's young and he'll no doubt play better in a team that's better but I just don't see it, he won't do what mounts done for example, every danger he'll do what Gallagher has done though and get a better loan and then be talked up as a £30-40m player which balances Chelseas FFP

I also think Norwich fans scapegoating a 20 year old playing his first real senior season is poor form from them. They have lots of other problems like regularly starting Tim Krul and Grant Hanley in the Premier League in 2022

Edited by Zatman

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I also think Norwich fans scapegoating a 20 year old playing his first real senior season is poor form from them. They have lots of other problems like regularly starting Tim Krul and Grant Hanley in the Premier League in 2022

Every fan base scapegoats young players - just read On Topic and we’ve been no better over the years. 

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Every fan base scapegoats young players - just read On Topic and we’ve been no better over the years. 

read the one in other football...

FWIW I judged him as a potential chelsea player and don't think he's good enough to make it there as a first choice CM long term, he's still good enough for where norwich are though, their woes arent because of him, I would still maintain that out of everything they have puuki problems, I dont rate him either but he'll no doubt score 20 goals in the championship next season as they get promoted and he gets a 3rd chance to show he's not good enough for the PL

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Krul is o.k, I'd actually take him as backup here next season if he's on a free or something.

Hanley and Ben Gibson is a woeful defensive pairing for premier league though, that's the thing about Norwich they never have any good CBs for their premier league seasons.

The squad is just not good enough for the premier league despite Deano's best efforts.  They probably need a takeover to actually establish themselves in the prem instead of being a constant yo-yo club. Norwich fans must be getting a bit frustrated as Brentford are making a better effort in staying up even though they are a smaller club.

As far as I can tell, they never really replaced Buendia. He was there most productive outlet, him and Pukki together. They signed the relegation fan, Rashica, who just doesn’t seem good enough at this level. Imagine wanting to sign him? 😬

They’re going down, and it will be interesting to see if Smith gets the chance to try and take them up again.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Thoughts on Billy Gilmour? Not a week goes by without me signing Norwich fans crucify him.

He's young so he gets a pass... but I've seen absolutely nothing to justify the hype that Chelsea fans give him.

He looks shit to be honest

Norwich fans don't scapegoat Gilmour they just don't rate him or rate his performances for them this season, have seen quite a few suggest that he's a good player but not what they needed, they mostly blame their board and Webber for the position they're in. Gilmour was brought in to replace Skipp who besides Buendia was their best player last season but it hasn't really worked out for them.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

As far as I can tell, they never really replaced Buendia. He was there most productive outlet, him and Pukki together. They signed the relegation fan, Rashica, who just doesn’t seem good enough at this level. Imagine wanting to sign him? 😬

They’re going down, and it will be interesting to see if Smith gets the chance to try and take them up again.

For all the Rashica furore on here he has actually looked pretty decent lately from what I've seen.  Think he's starting producing goal involvements and had a good finish scrubbed off on Saturday due to Pukki being offside.

Â