Norwich City

TRO

Is Pearson still his assistant? I always thought that was a weird move as they seem to have opposing styles on football. It seems at Brentford Smith was playing pressing passing football, he tried that with us but struggled with the step up in the prem. Yet as soon as Pearson came in we went far more direct. Norwich seem that way as well. 

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is Pearson still his assistant? I always thought that was a weird move as they seem to have opposing styles on football. It seems at Brentford Smith was playing pressing passing football, he tried that with us but struggled with the step up in the prem. Yet as soon as Pearson came in we went far more direct. Norwich seem that way as well. 

Do you mean Shakespeare? 🥸

• Haha 1

didnt start well for Deano's Norwich, lost 1-0 to Cardiff.

They really should have the talent in their squad to come straight back up, no excuses really, will be interesting to see how they do.

• Like 1

Yeah, a bad start. I watched the game. Gotta say Norwich fans are being nice. Cardiff with pretty much a brand new squad of kids and new signings, knew exactly what they were doing. I dont know what Deano's Norwich style is and neither do the players, they seem very confused. He has had this squad for over half a year already its really not very good. This is pretty much a Championship title winning squad.  Rashcia looks just as bad at championship level, bullet dodged.

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Gotta say Norwich fans are being nice. 

They don’t seem very complimentary on the Norwich forums.

• Like 1

Smith has a bigger advantage than he did at villa. He has had half a season and a pre season with them.

There rely should be no excuses for them not getting promoted when you have players like rashida and pukki

• Like 1

Not a brilliant start by them but dont forget our first win under Deano was a fairly average 1-0 win against Swansea. not going to write norwich off just yet as they have plenty of fire power to win a lot of games down there, they have wigan hull and huddersfield up next so expect them to pick up some points. They apparently beat Marseille 3-0 back in pre season too who I imagine put up a fairly decent line up, better than most championship teams anyway

I watched the first half of their game against Cardiff, they weren't actually that bad, they were probably the better team and that was with Cardiff themselves also playing well, Cardiff took me by surprise and probably did the same to Norwich. Didn't see the second half seems the thing of Smith struggling against ten men struck again, but I wouldn't read too much into one game.

As it stands they managed to hang on to all their better players, and signed Hayden from Newcastle, so really should be one of the strongest teams in the league.

Was impressed with Jonathan Rowe from the little I saw of him last season, wouldn't be surprised to see him have breakout year in the championship.

38 minutes ago, useless said:

I watched the first half of their game against Cardiff, they weren't actually that bad, they were probably the better team and that was with Cardiff themselves also playing well, Cardiff took me by surprise and probably did the same to Norwich. Didn't see the second half seems the thing of Smith struggling against ten men struck again, but I wouldn't read too much into one game.

As it stands they managed to hang on to all their better players, and signed Hayden from Newcastle, so really should be one of the strongest teams in the league.

Was impressed with Jonathan Rowe from the little I saw of him last season, wouldn't be surprised to see him have breakout year in the championship.

Cardiff had 10 men and he lost again?? No way.

Honestly smith so hopeless against 10 men

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

for just over 10 minutes, Norwich got a red card too

Also don't know people think it's so easy to play vs 10, it's not, it's often harder, the defending team compacts and sits deeper meaning they're harder to break down or find space against 

Â