Norwich City

TRO

On 01/08/2022 at 06:30, Demitri_C said:

Smith has a bigger advantage than he did at villa. He has had half a season and a pre season with them.

There rely should be no excuses for them not getting promoted when you have players like rashida and pukki

He has nowhere near the caliber of players he had at his disposal here. 

6 minutes ago, jim said:

He has nowhere near the caliber of players he had at his disposal here. 

tbh its prob not worth comparing, what matters is what he has right now.

As of right now, that Norwich team have easily enough quality to be promoted, Rashica, Sargent, Pukki, Cantwell, Aarons, Krul, Hayden, Sara, Idah etc, are all top quality Championship players.

There are no excuses imo with regard to Norwich's squad, if they dont get promoted with the quality they have (for Champ level), its a failure.

I watched the last game and they battered the opposition, should have been four or five up by half-time, then in the second half hit the underside of the post and could have probably should have had a couple of penalties they were very unlucky.

And looking at the stats for today's game it looks a similar story, dominating possession, and have had eight shots on target compared to Hull's one shot on target.

Not sure if the results are telling the whole story, I don't think Norwich will panic.

On 13/08/2022 at 16:49, Demitri_C said:

Smiths done a awful job at norwich

Too soon, to say that, really.....Its not a club you can buy your way out of trouble.

He needs time, but my worry for him is, the game as a whole is more physical, and Its not Deans Forte, he like the dainty ball players....I think they will get steamrollered.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Too soon, to say that, really.....Its not a club you can buy your way out of trouble.

He needs time, but my worry for him is, the game as a whole is more physical, and Its not Deans Forte, he like the dainty ball players....I think they will get steamrollered.

Their last two promotions they have walked the league with "dainty ball players". He has actually clearly been trying to address their lack of physicality by getting Isaac Hayden in.

9 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Their last two promotions they have walked the league with "dainty ball players". He has actually clearly been trying to address their lack of physicality by getting Isaac Hayden in.

yes they have, but the attitude in the game is changing.....study Brentford, Bournemouth, Newcastle, etc.....even the top 2 have gone for powerful dominant no 9's

Barcelona, set the trend many moons back and many followed.....and its changing back to a more physical approach, particualrly with the officials ,letting stuff go, which would earlier been deemed fouls, the big guys are using their muscle to good affect, legally now.

And he will do well, to do so, Hayden should be good for them......my point is, all that takes time.

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think it is too early to say to be honest. He did probably as bad as farke did in pl and has started the season absymally. He also let a 2 goal lead at home slip to a poor weakened blose team in the cup. 

was a weakened Norwich team too, Pukki was on the bench for the entire game

Â