Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

11 hours ago, AV82 said:

You do realise other French clubs can bid for him right?

Well one of them could've just signed him last summer as it was obvious we were just paying lip service by calling him back for pre season and seems he did alright in his last loan spell.

We really need to get better at moving on squad players for at least what we paid. We signed Freddie for what 4m yet can't sell him even with just two years left on his deal so something isn't quite happening.

Edit: Surprised we didn't offer him to Marsellie as part of Sanson deal but guess they don't deem him good enough for CL.

Edited by VillaChris

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well one of them could've just signed him last summer as it was obvious we were just paying lip service by calling him back for pre season and seems he did alright in his last loan spell.

We really need to get better at moving on squad players for at least what we paid. We signed Freddie for what 4m yet can't sell him even with just two years left on his deal so something isn't quite happening.

Edit: Surprised we didn't offer him to Marsellie as part of Sanson deal but guess they don't deem him good enough for CL.

They signed a right back 2 weeks before Sanson left 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

He's happy and/because he's at home there. I think his ship has sailed here and I'm not sure that a change in management would impact on him being able to settle in the area and British culture. I imagine he's pressing his agent to get a move back to France sorted.

• Like 1

Seems like a Gerrard type player to me. combative, athletic, eye for goal, committed, good at delivering a cross....i'm not sure why he didn't get given much of a chance here, i don't think he was any worse than other first teamers in our first season back in the PL. whatever the reasoning for his absence, I am sure Gerrard will be working under the assumption thats its a clean slate for everybody and he will want to assess guilbert himself in the summer. i do think that the player will see it as a fresh start aswell and can see him being in and around the first team next summer. I do hope he hasn't lost patience with us as a club though as we haven't treated him the best imo and wouldnt blame him if he wants a permanent transfer away

Highest rated defender in Ligue 1 on Whoscored with a 7.23 rating. Ranked 12th among all players.

Highest rated defender in Ligue 1 on Sofascore with a 7.22 rating. Ranked 18th among all players.

Not bad, can we recall him in Jan?

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

indicated on his insta that he's not happy that villa didn't wish him a happy birthday. kinda bad form but at the same time maybe the admin was just **** busy

Well they seem to for everyone else, so yeah bad form if not, although I'm sure it wasn't I tentional if they didn't.

Â