Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

14 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

I'm not sure this could be any more pathetic.

Gotta look at it in context.

They wish happy birthday for all other players - even some who aren't.

He's still a Villa player, but couldn't feel more unloved or unwanted, despite only ever doing his best.

Still hoping Gerrard can turn this around.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2021 at 18:26, sne said:

Highest rated defender in Ligue 1 on Whoscored with a 7.23 rating. Ranked 12th among all players.

Highest rated defender in Ligue 1 on Sofascore with a 7.22 rating. Ranked 18th among all players.

This is textbook in terms of loaning out a player you don't want to keep. 

We paid about £4.5m for him, this is his second loan I think, so we may have made some of that back in fees, we won't have been paying all of his wages in that time and he's now statistically one of the best defenders in France. There's every chance we could pull in a profit on him that lets us reinvest in replacements.

I like him and it would have been nice for him to be a success here on the field, but if he's not, he's still a success in terms of how we want to do things as a club.

Isn't he out of contract in June? Hard to see him going on anything other than a free, which is quite a shame because there is a good player in there and a fresh start under Gerrard could have worked out at the end of his loan.

Edit: He isn't, he's here until June '23, might be able to turn this around if Gerrard sees something in him over the summer.

Edited by Davkaus

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is textbook in terms of loaning out a player you don't want to keep. 

We paid about £4.5m for him, this is his second loan I think, so we may have made some of that back in fees, we won't have been paying all of his wages in that time and he's now statistically one of the best defenders in France. There's every chance we could pull in a profit on him that lets us reinvest in replacements.

I like him and it would have been nice for him to be a success here on the field, but if he's not, he's still a success in terms of how we want to do things as a club.

Be staggered if we made a profit on this guy.

Never been that impressed with him myself. If he is so good makes you wonder why another prem club hasn't come in.

On 25/12/2021 at 08:34, tomav84 said:

indicated on his insta that he's not happy that villa didn't wish him a happy birthday. kinda bad form but at the same time maybe the admin was just **** busy

Is this bloke 12 years old?  No wonder Smith sacked him off.

• Like 1

On 25/12/2021 at 09:24, MaVilla said:

Well they seem to for everyone else, so yeah bad form if not, although I'm sure it wasn't I tentional if they didn't.

Were they born on Christmas Eve?

Absolute tit. If you're born around Christmas nobody gives about a **** about your birthday especially people working Christmas Eve waiting to clock off early.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Were they born on Christmas Eve?

Absolute tit. If you're born around Christmas nobody gives about a **** about your birthday especially people working Christmas Eve waiting to clock off early.

Pretty sure City would have done it for Jesus tbf.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Done well in France - twice?

So he has. Not sure of you're point though.

If we were so obviously letting a prem player slip through our fingers - wouldn't another prem club have stepped in ?

He's done here. Highly unlikely we get any return on him

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

If we were so obviously letting a prem player slip through our fingers - wouldn't another prem club have stepped in ?

Premier League isnt the be all and end all of football 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hippo said:

Extreme example here but no Prem club stepped in for Salah when Chelsea binned him off.

Â