Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

Looks like it was nothing to do with the Smith sacking. He’s never struck me as the sort that would act like that to be honest.

Any excuse to pile abuse on a player with no context though I guess. Social media at its finest again!

Stupid thing to post on the day Smith was sacked. Didn't mean Villa? More like intentionally ambiguous. That or just plain thick. 

Edited by birdman

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

He played today, his team were 2-1 down and reduced to 10 men for most the 2nd half. He provided the assist for the 2nd goal. Also got MOTM.

cb94c48d77ecf63897ce241f1b66cf2f.png

Exactly what his post was about... poorly timed and a bit ignorant to post without context, but it was clear this was what he meant.

Imagine if he'd been here to put pressure on Targett's place. I'm in the group that thinks he was unlucky to be bombed out.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He's not good enough. He won't be good enough under a new manager.

He has been bloody good on his last 2 loans. We should never have been left with Elmohamady as back up for Cash, and that proved to be the case.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yep the player who has spent the last 30 games being a top 5 rb in Europe and outperforming Anchraf Hakimi who cost 60 million is definitely not good enough to be used as a regular backup. 

I would love to know why that relationship seemed to go so sour. I don’t remember him being that bad when he did play for us either.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yep the player who has spent the last 30 games being a top 5 rb in Europe and outperforming Anchraf Hakimi who cost 60 million is definitely not good enough to be used as a regular backup. 

He doesn't want to sit on the bench at a mid table PL club 

21 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I would love to know why that relationship seemed to go so sour. I don’t remember him being that bad when he did play for us either.

I don't think he did himself any favours right at the beginning of his time at Villa when he publicly questioned why he wasn't starting games on Instagram. But seems like there was more to it than that.

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I don't think he did himself any favours right at the beginning of his time at Villa when he publicly questioned why he wasn't starting games on Instagram. But seems like there was more to it than that.

Yeah it had to have been serious and continuous attitude issues that pissed them off. Would be disappointed if it was just the initial Instagram thing.

Smith always spoke about creating a culture and having a personable squad. Guilbert was a miserable bastard, rumoured to be homesick and wasn't performing on the pitch either. No wonder Smith didn't fancy him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Smith always spoke about creating a culture and having a personable squad. Guilbert was a miserable bastard, rumoured to be homesick and wasn't performing on the pitch either. No wonder Smith didn't fancy him.

Never looked miserable to me, aggressive, yes, and angry at times, but performed well when used. I liked him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

He came out and said he's not homesick so that's rubbish. Who said he's a miserable bastard? I don't blame Smith for loaning him out btw as I wasn't his biggest fan.

8 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

That is very different to what you stated.

No it's not. He's not good enough to play over Cash and he doesn't want to sit on the bench?

Unless you think Guilbert is better than Cash.. which I don't because he can't control a ball or pass it 5 yards.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

No it's not. He's not good enough to play over Cash and he doesn't want to sit on the bench?

Unless you think Guilbert is better than Cash.. which I don't because he can't control a ball or pass it 5 yards.

Even more amazing then that he has managed to do so well on loan.

Â