Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

The manager really doesn't like him. But he's never been given a reason as to why despite asking. He wanted to stay play and succeed but was never given an explanation as to why.  No indication it's a quality of play issue.

He loves the fans but has never been given backing in the club.

Is what I have been told by someone that does know him very well and sees him almost daily. 

That’s a shame to hear. Could be all manner of things, approach to training or how he responds to criticism or anything.

Respect Dean’s decision and also wish Fred the best of luck, he’s a good player.

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Except he is consistently in the top percentage of tackles, pressures and interceptions every season. 

Well from the eye test he can't pass wind. Is constantly out of position and has no real exceptional attributes to make up for it. Except for a good slide tackle on him..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

The manager really doesn't like him. But he's never been given a reason as to why despite asking. He wanted to stay play and succeed but was never given an explanation as to why.  No indication it's a quality of play issue.

My interpretation of this, he's not particularly good at football and ligue 1 mid table is about his level. He's never going to get in the team ahead of cash. However he doesn't agree with this point of  view and thinks that he is good enough to start at right back for us week in week out. So he assumes the manager doesn't like him and that's why he's not in the team. I doubt Dean is going to say to him "listen you're shit mate, that's why cashy is ahead of you even when he's hungover after a 48 hour drinking binge with Ross McCormack".

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

Curious as to what the long term plan here is. I hope Kaine Kesler-Hayden will be competition for Cash next season but will the club bring in a new right back at some point instead? As it stands we now do not have two players for each position. I know we are unlikely to make eleven changes to our starting line up all at once but it seems strange not to keep him round and instead take a small risk.

He is obviously ambitious and wants to play and progress (which he makes clear on social media) but does he demonstrate this in training and around bodymoor heatn on a day to day basis, which is how he will be judged by the manager and coaches. He is good enough to play professional football (lucky him) but his actual performances at premier league level are not as good as he thinks they are, he will probably flourish in the French league but that really is his level. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Well let's hope Cash doesn't get injured or suspended, and picks up form. Totally utterly bewildering decision if we expect Young or Axel to cover this position with any level competence.

Best of luck Fred.

Exactly, we now no longer have a replacement right-back, which is a bit of a worry. 

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't rate him. The manager doesn't rate him. He has somehow achieved cult status at Villa despite doing nothing except be a liability almost every time he is on the pitch.

Regardless of that, this faux outrage at "the way he has been treated" is by far the most bizarre aspect of this whole saga. It's a shame we weren't able to flog him so people could get on with their lives rather than worrying about this painfully average millionaire footballer who our manager simply doesn't rate. 

I wish him all the best though, obviously. Honest. 

Image result for you made that up GIF

• Haha 1

Â