Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

The manager really doesn't like him. But he's never been given a reason as to why despite asking. He wanted to stay play and succeed but was never given an explanation as to why.  No indication it's a quality of play issue.

He loves the fans but has never been given backing in the club.

Is what I have been told by someone that does know him very well and sees him almost daily. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Don't really get this. Either sell him, keep him in the squad or terminate his contract if he is desperate to leave. 

Surely loaning him out for a season is better than terminating his contract or keeping an unhappy player? At least we'll get something out of it money-wise. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Surely loaning him out for a season is better than terminating his contract or keeping an unhappy player? At least we'll get something out of it money-wise. 

You mean like we did with Hourihane last season? If Strasbourg are paying his full wages, then guess we don't have too much to lose, but I rather not extend the drama.

Just now, nepal_villan said:

You mean like we did with Hourihane last season? If Strasbourg are paying his full wages, then guess we don't have too much to lose, but I rather not extend the drama.

I wonder how much of his wages Strasbourg are actually paying.

11 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Don't really get this. Either sell him, keep him in the squad or terminate his contract if he is desperate to leave. 

I'm sure his wages and amortisation are covered by whatever loan fee Strasbourg are paying. Loans seem to be how everyone is dealing with their finances this summer.

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Yeah? It was a chance for him to put himself in the shop window but nobody liked what they saw enough to bother signing him tbf.

19 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

The manager really doesn't like him. But he's never been given a reason as to why despite asking. He wanted to stay play and succeed but was never given an explanation as to why.  No indication it's a quality of play issue.

He loves the fans but has never been given backing in the club.

Is what I have been told by someone that does know him very well and sees him almost daily. 

Which is weird as it's the opposite of how people describe Deano's management style.  Oh well, trust the process and hope cash stays fit and in top form 100% of the time

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Konsa is our starting CB, Tuanzebe and Young have played RB a handful of times in their career. I think it's a very peculiar move indeed that we've decided we shouldn't have someone fighting for Cash's spot in the first team, because neither of them are going to do it, they're emergency backups at best. 

Young is more than adequate as a backup RB.

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Young is more than adequate as a backup RB.

Probably. But Guilbert is better, and while arguably not as good as Cash, could certainly have challenged him. Instead, Cash is now a guaranteed starter unless he's injured or suspended.

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Probably. But Guilbert is better, and while arguably not as good as Cash, could certainly have challenged him. Instead, Cash is now a guaranteed starter unless he's injured or suspended.

It's quite clear Guilbert wants to play and isn't super comfortable in England. It is what it is.

Â