Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Not on everyone but you start to wonder if there is an agenda from some posters and Tyrone.

He is the best defender st the club. We won't be buying 2 CBs so fully expect him to be starting for us next season.

And he'll continue to make mistakes continue to give the ball away and continue to slice clearances and lose his head.

He's done well. I've been harsh but he's been excellent for us , where we've both come from and where we have gone. But if we want to challenge for Europe we can't have Mings at the back every week. He's a flat track bully. He'll gobble up your Pukki's and pass out against your Burnleys. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yep

first time, watching it again its not even his right foot, his body shape means he could put his left foot through that smashing it out for a corner or a throw

like i said i understand why he doesnt because its a ball dropping at an awkward height across 2 other players and then with how he shaped up he can actually take a bad touch because there is no liverpool player out there in front of him, if he takes a really heavy touch then it will fall to ings, he has time and space to bring it down away from his body using his left foot but it gets trapped under his body instead because the height of the ball causes him to leave the ground, he miskicks it, i think its jota going to ground right next to him thats caused the last split second bit of uncertainty and thats what has done it

Again, when does he have the opportunity

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Again, when does he have the opportunity

At 1 second 

Watch it on YouTube properly you can see what he tries to do, he's tried to take a touch with the inside of his left foot, don't know for sure if that touch is an attempted lay off to ings or a touch that will take the ball behind ings which would be easy for him to run on to it himself, because of that cushioned touch he's left the ground with both feet and that's how it's got stuck under his feet

Instead of that touch just plant his right leg in the ground and then put his left laces through the ball, even if he's unsure he has the space to volley that clear side footed with his left

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

At 1 second 

Watch it on YouTube properly you can see what he tries to do, he's tried to take a touch with the inside of his left foot, don't know for sure if that touch is an attempted lay off to ings or a touch that will take the ball behind ings which would be easy for him to run on to it himself, because of that cushioned touch he's left the ground with both feet and that's how it's got 

Instead of that touch just plant his right leg in the ground and then put his left laces through the ball, even if he's unsure he has the space to volley that clear side footed with his left

Am I going crazy or does he step on the ball which causes the stumble?

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Am I going crazy or does he step on the ball which causes the stumble?

He motions to play the ball with his left foot but then kind of studs it instead rather than playing it cleanly with the inside of his boot

I'm not trying to be overly critical of him just commenting on what I think he's done and like I said before it's not as easy as it looks, theres a lot going on in front of him no doubt messing with his decision making

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He motions to play the ball with his left foot but then kind of studs it instead rather than playing it cleanly with the inside of his boot

I'm not trying to be overly critical of him just commenting on what I think he's done and like I said before it's not as easy as it looks, theres a lot going on in front of him no doubt messing with his decision making

You are not trying to be over critical but your talking about within the first second of the ball coming to him……he never has it under control and is off balance.

We will obviously disagree about this one.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

You are not trying to be over critical but your talking about within the first second of the ball coming to him……he never has it under control and is off balance.

We will obviously disagree about this one.

I too think he tried to cushion it but either he misjudged it or just got the execution wrong. A shame as I believe if we see out the next ten minutes we win the game.

However the goal should not have stood because of Jota’s assault on Konsa. Bruno fernandes tried breaking his leg and got a penalty and now Jota. 

• Like 1

Instead of attempting to control it, he can volley it away. His jump causes the issue. Mistake is on him for me. 

But he was excellent last 3 games and these things happen. Still wouldn't sell him. 

• Like 3

The thing is, Mings does that again and almost always doesn't screw it up and equally, Nakamba gets rid of out before any lucky deflection from Matip. It's impossible to judge a split second decision, I'm sure he's the first to admit his faults, that's what leaders do. He wears it on his sleeve. He'll come back stronger for it. Love you Ty.

• Like 3

Will somebody help me out…I thought if Mings got another booking (which he got today) he’d be suspended for the next two games, yet nobody’s mentioned it that I’ve seen…so maybe I’m wrong. Hope so because otherwise it’s Chambers (no issue) and Hause against Burnley and Man City and Hause hasn’t played in about 6 months.

On 12/05/2022 at 10:25, rodders0223 said:

And he'll continue to make mistakes continue to give the ball away and continue to slice clearances and lose his head.

He's done well. I've been harsh but he's been excellent for us , where we've both come from and where we have gone. But if we want to challenge for Europe we can't have Mings at the back every week. He's a flat track bully. He'll gobble up your Pukki's and pass out against your Burnleys. 

Replacing Mings isn’t a priority. Will be in a couple of years maybe, but he’s not the problem at the moment. Definitely good enough for top 6-8 finish, and seems to be a decent influence around the club.

The whole “accident prone” thing is wildly overstated by people because it’s become a talking point, and now every time he does anything wrong (which all footballers do every week) it just reinforces the reputation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Another excellent game against Palace - commanding headers and last-ditch tackles. 

There was one block in the 2nd half vs a Gallagher shot on the edge of the box, look how much he wants that block and commits to it, didn't just take a couple of steps towards it and turn his back he throws himself at it

• Like 1

Â