Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Pretty sure it was mostly to do with his drinking, rather.

Fair enough. The point remains, he wasn't done at age 29, with dodgy knees and an alcohol problem on top of his age, because he read the game so well. I'm not claiming that Mings is going to end up on the level of McGrath, but it's far too early to say that he's over the hill.

3 hours ago, spiezels said:

he’s our best CB on the ball by a mile and his distribution is also much better… only have to look at korts passing to see the options. 

Most of the time he is hoofing.

No idea where this myth that Mings is good on the ball has come from.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I swear his passing was/has been a lot better than is now, he would actually take the ball over the halfway line and chip some reasonable balls forward.

Now he will pass sideways or backwards and doesn't even attempt long passes for us or for England, his confidence has gone.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I’m not saying he’s slapping the ball about like paul scholes but his distribution is better than the others we have in defence and the stats show that.

You watch the games, when Korts came in for him, you could see the vast difference in the 2. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spiezels said:

I’m not saying he’s slapping the ball about like paul scholes but his distribution is better than the others we have in defence and the stats show that.

You watch the games, when Korts came in for him, you could see the vast difference in the 2. 

Problem is Mings panics when attackers put him under pressure.

Ball playing defenders are great at passing through press.

Just now, spiezels said:

Well we’re onto our 2nd manager that wants to play possession football, so we better get used to our CB’s making mistakes in possession. 

If I look at the 3 years under Smith we were never a possession team.

More of a counter attacking team.

Mings is comfortably one of the weakest player on the ball we've ever had at CB.

You can talk about hoofing James Collins Richard Dunne...I've never seen someone play as many hospital passes as Mings. The amount of times he underhits a pass or slices the ball when clearing it is just not good enough.

• Confused 1

Â