Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whenever Mings makes a mistake he seems to be extremely caution for several games that follow. Watch his no nonsense clear it to row Z defending on Saturday. 

Should get Brad Young back in the starting 11 just to wind them up.

Mings has some mistakes in him, but it's only natural. I can live with that as he's still learning and improving every year for us. Also, footballers will make mistakes. At CB you're more likely to have a mistake be costly than say as a midfielder. What Tyrone gives us is a solid defender with a great work-rate and talent to back it up. He also gives us great character and is a true leader. I think there are a few players who warrant questioning this season, but imo Mings isn't one of them. At all.

• Like 4

On 04/04/2021 at 17:52, MrBlack said:

Been due a while now.  Make amends up the other end please Tyrone

Glad he did exactly this.

He is still prone to the odd mistake,  his relative lack of experience will mean he continues to make the odd one, and over time they'll get rarer and rarer.

But as long as he continues to show the level of determination he did after the mistake, its absolutely something we can live with.

I still rate Konsa higher than Mings but think these 2 can make a commanding centre back partnership for us for years to come. Think its the best shout we've had since Mellberg and Laursen

• Like 1

The mistake was noticeable mainly because it's been such a rarity from Mings as this season has progressed. He used to do something like that with annoying regularity but has worked really hard to cut them out of his game. We'll say no more about it seeing as he bust a gut to make up for it setting up the goal for Trez. No more though please Tyrone!

I have to take issue though, with the statement that all defenders make mistakes. Ezri doesn't.

Edited by Risso
spolling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Risso said:

The mistake was noticeable mainly because it's been such a rarity from Mings as this season has progressed. He used to do something like that with annoying regularity but has worked really hard to cut them out of his game. We'll say no more about it seeing as he bust a gut to make up for it setting up the goal for Trez. No more though please Tyrone!

I have to take issue though, with the statement that all defenders make mistakes. Ezri doesn't.

Ezri has made mistakes in the past too. They're very rare though give you that and Konsa is absolutely amazing. I think he benefits from having an excellent partnership with Mings though. 

anybody could have made a similar mistake, the greatest defender in the history of football made the same mistake last season vs Arsenal and in an even more dangerous position though not the greatest video

That game was what we get with Mings. The odd mistake thats costly, but also the desire to win and make up for it. Without the error proneness he would have been the best English CB due to his leadership.

Its frustrating, but I still deem him the most important player together with Martinez in our defense since he is so vocal and a natural leader. Doubt Konsa would be so good without Mings. 

I screamed when he made the forward run and assisted Trez, and for the love of god ITS SO GOOD TO SEE THE PASSION HE HAS. The relief on his face when Trez netted made me a happy man!

• Like 1

I will just never, ever understand the praise he gets from villa fans. He is an accident waiting to happen every single game. Really need to upgrade on him to progress. Konsa deserves some real quality next to him. 

Â