Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Only two teams, Chelsea and Man City have conceded fewer goals than us, when your defence is that good, you don't look to break it up. Mings makes mistakes, but the good far outweighs the bad.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

From where I was sitting luck had very little to do with it. Being quite a good footballer and strong character did though.

From where you was sitting? we have seen make mings make stupid errors like this a few times.

He did make up for it but for me he is too much of a liability if you want to get to next level

Just now, Demitri_C said:

From where you was sitting? we have seen make mings make stupid errors like this a few times.

He did make up for it but for me he is too much of a liability if you want to get to next level

Yeah from where I was sitting - the couch.

We have but we also have nearly two and half seasons where he has consistently been one of our best players and seems like he has a massive positive influence on the squad. He is probably one of the last people I'd be looking to replace at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Wanting to sell Mings because of the odd mistake even though we have one of the best defences in the league, would be like wanting to sell Watkins for missing the occasional easy chance despite all the goals that he does score. There's no way we should be looking to break up the Mings Konsa partnership, nor will we.

It’s ridiculous. He plays brilliant for several game. Makes one mistake and we apparently need to sell him to move to the next level.  I swear it feels like certain fans just wait for his mistake so they can call it out. 

• Like 1

Classic VillaTalk reaction here, with a few comments of common sense chucked in. He's been excellent for ages, he's made one (admittedly big) mistake - it happens. How he played and reacted shows his character. Well in Ty, still a big part to play in our future. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Only two teams, Chelsea and Man City have conceded fewer goals than us, when your defence is that good, you don't look to break it up. Mings makes mistakes, but the good far outweighs the bad.

You wouldn't be saying this if we had lost. His mistake, and it was an awful one, should be judged in isolation regardless of whether we won or lost. Everyone doesn't make mistakes that literally put it on a plate for the opposition. Hope we upgrade on him in the summer.

I would be saying it we'd have lost, because we'd still have one of the defences in the league. Only way we will e upgrading in the summer is if a team buys Mings, but he won't be leaving by our own design.

Â