Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Reading El G’s recent interview, I think we’re quite fortunate to have Mings playing for us. A respected leader on and off the field and the players clearly like him around.

which interview is this m8?

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

which interview is this m8?

Apologies for delay. The Athletic interview on 9 May, he refers to Tyrone helping him.

Think someone has posted a transcript of this interview on El G’s page. 👍

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think the labelling of it as a mistake is a bit harsh

He got beat, he probably shouldn't have done but he did, it was good play by Greenwood, not good play by us, mings or emi, it was soft 

It’s not a mistake by Mings IMO. He could have telegraphed Greenwood doing what he does, but it’s just a lovely bit of control and feint by the Man Utd forward. Looks worse than it is (which is why only one person with a constant agenda commented after it). 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Personally, I think he's a proper nasty peice of work. The amount of "accidental" elbows and high boots he leaves in is far too high for me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

yep for me both his tackle on Calvert Lewin and the reverse earlier which could have damaged Mings ankle were both accidental. It comes with playing in the centre back position. It was a hard but fair battle and nothing malicious compared to how the England captain plays

Hate to think people would describe Alan Shearer style of play

The tackle was one of them where I didn't think it was malicious at all but still fully anticipated a red, surprised he survived that but glad he did as he was otherwise excellent. Probably should have scored in fairness but when it came to his primary job you couldn't ask for much more. Clearance at the end really summed him up as much as anything - what a man.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

yeah he was lucky to stay on the pitch, but we've had so many dire VAR decisions go against us i'll take it all day long!

I don’t disagree. I’m stunned he hasn’t seen red. I watched it several times and I swear Tyrone knows exactly where the ball is and where the man’s leg is and he deliberately attacks the leg and not the ball. 

He’s got previous for some really outlandish tackles. There were question marks over whether he meant that tackle on the reading player when we were in the championship. Almost killed him!

Played well today, mind. 

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Probably should have scored in fairness 

I thought the reaction to his miss was a bit harsh. DCL was positioned brilliantly. Mings either had to squeeze it in past him and the post, or play it across the keeper, it was a very difficult chance even though he was quite close in.

Thought the commentator was talking bollocks with the usual "got to hit the target" cliché, he'd have hit the man right in front of him if he'd not tried to place it right in by the post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Played great today. Challenge was awkward I wouldn't have had complaints if he had got carded, but he didnt so I have no complaints either. Everton players didnt protests much to their credit. 

Love to see Tyrone getting forward more in open play. Great stuff.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Â