Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Really happy to see him making those long balls forward again - it's a great way to start an attack, especially with somebody like Watkins up there. We play a nice possession game, slow build-up etc. then just completely flip that on its head when the opposition don't suspect it. It's important to be versatile and attack in different ways. 

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Really happy to see him making those long balls forward again - it's a great way to start an attack, especially with somebody like Watkins up there. We play a nice possession game, slow build-up etc. then just completely flip that on its head when the opposition don't suspect it. It's important to be versatile and attack in different ways. 

If it’s down the channels it’s really effective.  It’s when it’s just lumped up field it gets frustrating to watch. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

If it’s down the channels it’s really effective.  It’s when it’s just lumped up field it gets frustrating to watch. 

It doesn't bother me tbf - we're not a team of hoofers, and the way we play long balls has been demonstrably effective

Just now, lexicon said:

It doesn't bother me tbf - we're not a team of hoofers, and the way we play long balls has been demonstrably effective

Fair enough. It normally depends on how Ollie is playing. If he is able to hold it up or flick it on then great. When defender wins everything it’s when we struggle and the boring ‘Bruceball’ comments come out.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. It normally depends on how Ollie is playing. If he is able to hold it up or flick it on then great. When defender wins everything it’s when we struggle and the boring ‘Bruceball’ comments come out.

True - it helps to have it as an option, though. I don't think anyone wants us to do that all game and it generally doesn't happen that way, anyway. It's certainly not the plan at least. 

What I've been warbling on about for ages is our attacking through the middle and we saw what a huge difference it makes to all our players to have a CAM that is on it. 

Reading El G’s recent interview, I think we’re quite fortunate to have Mings playing for us. A respected leader on and off the field and the players clearly like him around.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Reading El G’s recent interview, I think we’re quite fortunate to have Mings playing for us. A respected leader on and off the field and the players clearly like him around.

Sometimes i think Ming's gets abit to Vocal on social media.

He's become a poster boy for racism after suffering it on a world stage, with sterling wasn't it at the England game? Once that happened a storm against racism occured and it's still on going. Current world events with that blonke that got killed by police despite no evidence of racism found, just poor policing that cost a life which took it to a next level. Then there was BLM thing which I must admit started out as a response to what happened in America, yet later down the line became more hostile and came away from what it started out as and they became chaos and anarchy.

Ming's himself has been agood leader on and off the pitch, he's been vocal to much and he's not scared one bit to put himself out there and confront any evil. The blokes for strength and he stood by what he believes is right.

He's a good bloke who started of of gum chewing at Villa, now we have lots who do it, I'm very surprised there been no Wrigley's spearmint advert yet. What is the deal with this gum chewing in a game?? Is it nicotine gum or a type of energy gum I ask myself it's a question I keep asking myself, does anyone know??? I mean you see these players when the medical guys come out and the players dive in there bags like some crazed addict after some slurpy gel out the foil packet, is that some energy gel stick or something?? So many questions about these addictive looking substances used during games by players..

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Sometimes i think Ming's gets abit to Vocal on social media.

He's become a poster boy for racism after suffering it on a world stage, with sterling wasn't it at the England game? Once that happened a storm against racism occured and it's still on going. Current world events with that blonke that got killed by police despite no evidence of racism found, just poor policing that cost a life which took it to a next level. Then there was BLM thing which I must admit started out as a response to what happened in America, yet later down the line became more hostile and came away from what it started out as and they became chaos and anarchy.

Ming's himself has been agood leader on and off the pitch, he's been vocal to much and he's not scared one bit to put himself out there and confront any evil. The blokes for strength and he stood by what he believes is right.

He's a good bloke who started of of gum chewing at Villa, now we have lots who do it, I'm very surprised there been no Wrigley's spearmint advert yet. What is the deal with this gum chewing in a game?? Is it nicotine gum or a type of energy gum I ask myself it's a question I keep asking myself, does anyone know??? I mean you see these players when the medical guys come out and the players dive in there bags like some crazed addict after some slurpy gel out the foil packet, is that some energy gel stick or something?? So many questions about these addictive looking substances used during games by players..

Whatever you were drinking or smoking when writing this post, go to the nearest bridge (preferably not under the influence of said substance) and throw it in to the river below.

Overall, very good game. That second goal though, Greenwood made him look like the teenager. 

Yet another avoidable goal we concede. We don't really make the oppo work hard for their goals do we? 

He’s not the first and he won’t be the last to get beaten by a good bit of skill from Greenwood. Unfortunately his keeper hasn’t helped him out of this one as it’s a shot I’d expect to be saved every time.

Good game from Mings overall and continuing his run of solid performances.

• Like 1

Will never get into the top 6 if we don't find an upgrade on the likes of Mings and McGinn.

Sorry to say it. They could be useful squad players but they aren't good enough to start week in week out if we want to go to the next level.

Edited by villalad21

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Will never get into the top 6 if we don't find an upgrade on the likes of Mings and McGinn.

Sorry to say it. They could be useful squad players but they aren't good enough to start week in week out if we want to go to the next level.

Sorry Ming's is capable of playing for a top 4 club, McGinn not so sure.

Â