Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

waaayy to casual yesterday, he looked like he didn`t care for most of the game. The prime example was his backheader, where he just stood and watched, while Taylor had do try his best in covering for Mings fault. Wish he could instead show the passion he had when he f.ex. shouted at El Ghazi for his lack of defending. Also thought he was sometimes lazy in his marking yesterday.

I think he is a top defender, but he lack the concentration levels of the very best defenders, and just because it`s a cup no one cares about and a league 1 team, he should still treat the game with 100 % commitment and respect as the Villa shirt demands.

8 hours ago, siminjo said:

waaayy to casual yesterday, he looked like he didn`t care for most of the game. The prime example was his backheader, where he just stood and watched, while Taylor had do try his best in covering for Mings fault. Wish he could instead show the passion he had when he f.ex. shouted at El Ghazi for his lack of defending. Also thought he was sometimes lazy in his marking yesterday.

I think he is a top defender, but he lack the concentration levels of the very best defenders, and just because it`s a cup no one cares about and a league 1 team, he should still treat the game with 100 % commitment and respect as the Villa shirt demands.

Agree

2 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Why?

He was sloppy at times again last night, the header to the Burton player in the 2nd half was incredibly lazy. He does have these moments when he seems to completely switch off. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I've been in the same boat since the whole of last season.

He got away with his casual, almost arrogant playstyle in the championship.

In the Premier League it gets punished.

Agreed. 

He’s a good player (I think), but he makes me nervous with the ball at his feet. Not as nervous as Hause mind. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. 

He’s a good player (I think), but he makes me nervous with the ball at his feet. Not as nervous as Hause mind. 

Two call ups to the England squad and being instrumental in our return to the Premier League plus staying up and you think he’s a good player? I don’t get the nerves with the ball at his feet but I do have the feeling of “I wonder when and where his hiccup will come” every game.

He might not be the best defender going, but he's a vital part of the squad and I don't think we'd be anywhere near as good without him and his upstanding character. Chuffed to bits about him sticking around.

• Like 3

Â