Demitri_C

40 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Current England CB's:

Harry Maguire

Michael Keane

Joe Gomez

Eric Dier

Conor Coady

I think Mings is better than the lot of them. Joe Gomez is the only one that comes close.

Don't rate Gomez one bit.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Current England CB's:

Harry Maguire

Michael Keane

Joe Gomez

Eric Dier

Conor Coady

I think Mings is better than the lot of them. Joe Gomez is the only one that comes close.

It’s probably why there are so many foreign centre halves playing in the league.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s probably why there are so many foreign centre halves playing in the league.

You can make the argument that Mings and Konsa are the 2 best ball playing English CBs in the Prem. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

You can make the argument that Mings and Konsa are the 2 best ball playing English CBs in the Prem. 

you can. But without watching every minute of every other game it’s hard to judge. Every team will feel their centre halves are the best when they are doing well.

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Current England CB's:

Harry Maguire

Michael Keane

Joe Gomez

Eric Dier

Conor Coady

Not yet, but improving fast.

Last season he had a moment each match where carelessness or loss of focus put the defence in danger of conceding.

He needs to improve that focus this season to be the best England CB.

14 hours ago, ender4 said:

Not yet, but improving fast.

Last season he had a moment each match where carelessness or loss of focus put the defence in danger of conceding.

He needs to improve that focus this season to be the best England CB.

I mean he is though. Maguire is only good for an aerial threat but is shit at defending. Mings, tarkowski, Dunk, Mee and Holgate should be the England cbs. 

• Like 1

Mings is most definitely not a ball playing centre half. Not at this level anyway.

His biggest downfall last season was him thinking that he was.

Back to basics, organise his backline, read the game, get it into the channels, block anything that comes his way. That is his strength.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Mings is most definitely not a ball playing centre half. Not at this level anyway.

Back to basics, organise his backline, read the game, get it into the channels, block anything that comes his way. That is his strength.

He just takes too long occasionally a lesson our entire team could use get rid quick and pass and move. 

19 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He seemed to have learned that by the restart. That's largely why our defence has improved I think.

Konsa looks like he might have the quality to be a ball playing CB though.

20 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I mean he is though. Maguire is only good for an aerial threat but is shit at defending. Mings, tarkowski, Dunk, Mee and Holgate should be the England cbs. 

Vomit Barf GIF

down on Page 3 but except for being weak for the 2nd Salah goal he had another fine game. The casual overplaying from the back seems to have disappeared and made some really great blocks last night

though his dribble down the wing and march into the box gave me goosebumps and horror at the same time

• Like 3

Was immense again, an absolute leader.

What can't be understated is his leadership skills coming to the fore in these behind closed door environments. He's constantly barking instructions, helping out the likes of Cash and Konsa and keeping the intensity going when it would be easy for levels to drop without the crowds. It really is a competitive edge we have at the moment. You look at Liverpool and Fulham and they didn't have that on the pitch at all, they were very quiet in comparison.

In the 2nd half, at a Liverpool goal kick I could hear him telling Barkley where he needed to be from centre half 40 yards down the pitch (and Barkley picked it up and shifted to where he needed to be!). Its something you wouldn't be able to do with a live crowd and imo its a big reason why our intensity is way above the opposition. 

Edited by villanmac

38 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Was immense again, an absolute leader.

What can't be understated is his leadership skills coming to the fore in these behind closed door environments. He's constantly barking instructions, helping out the likes of Cash and Konsa and keeping the intensity going when it would be easy for levels to drop without the crowds. It really is a competitive edge we have at the moment. You look at Liverpool and Fulham and they didn't have that on the pitch at all, they were very quiet in comparison.

In the 2nd half, at a Liverpool goal kick I could hear him telling Barkley where he needed to be from centre half 40 yards down the pitch (and Barkley picked it up and shifted to where he needed to be!). Its something you wouldn't be able to do with a live crowd and imo its a big reason why our intensity is way above the opposition. 

Early in the first half. TAA was creeping forwards for a throw in and both Jack and Mings yelled at the ref like he is creeping. I certainly heard Jack yell bollocks a few times. 

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Early in the first half. TAA was creeping forwards for a throw in and both Jack and Mings yelled at the ref like he is creeping. I certainly heard Jack yell bollocks a few times. 

Yeah heard that from Jack. First half there was one where the assistant put his flag up for a soft foul on one of theres….Tyrone's voice booming across Villa Park "You're being a little bitch lino". 😆

• Haha 1

Â