Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nitpicky but could he have done better on Salah's second goal?

I think he, like I was anticipating Salah moving the ball to his left to create a better angle for shooting into the bottom left, he came him the hips wriggle and tucked it into the right corner (nearside) instead.

Not much he could do about that to be fair. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I think he, like I was anticipating Salah moving the ball to his left to create a better angle for shooting into the bottom left, he came him the hips wriggle and tucked it into the right corner (nearside) instead.

Not much he could do about that to be fair. 

Salah is so good in those situations he can score in about 6 different ways dependent on what the defender and keeper do.  Nearly as good as Messi at finishing those off.  He probably only had two kicks in the entire game and scored twice, again like Messi can do.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Salah is so good in those situations he can score in about 6 different ways dependent on what the defender and keeper do.  Nearly as good as Messi at finishing those off.  He probably only had two kicks in the entire game and scored twice, again like Messi can do.  

He is very similar to Messi in the way he plays. Superb player. 

Mings has started the season very well. He’s a good defender, just needs to keep things simple and not overplay it at the back. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He is very similar to Messi in the way he plays. Superb player. 

Mings has started the season very well. He’s a good defender, just needs to keep things simple and not overplay it at the back. 

Salah is quality, we should definitely consider bringing him in next window, see how Bertie and Trez go first, plenty time, maybe have a look at their left back too, looks decent 😆

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know your week has been positive when one of our only complaints is how we allowed Salah to get a consolation goal for Liverpool against us.

Looking at the OP I'm just surprised that it wasn't Dean Smith who was being blamed for the goal.  Oh well, fault has to be found somewhere. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Just got the assist for ings's goal

you mean Mount? (all 6ft 4 of the man mountain Mount)

Mount also got the first assist btw, what a cross dat was.

• Haha 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Hopefully Konza and Cash get in there too soon because that defence if not confidence inspiring and better then having players that know each other inside out.

#Southgateout!

If we can get Cash, Konsa and Watkins in the squad for their first senior caps...

And Barkley back into contention...

With Jack and Mings...

Lets keep pushing!!

#UTV

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

If we can get Cash, Konsa and Watkins in the squad for their first senior caps...

And Barkley back into contention...

With Jack and Mings...

Lets keep pushing!!

#UTV

Left side seem to have much less talent than the right, so why not Targett too? 😁

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Left side seem to have much less talent than the right, so why not Targett too? 😁

As much as I wan't to see Matty Targett do well for us to the point that he is considered for an England call-up... I think we know thats a *bit* of a push :D

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

As much as I wan't to see Matty Targett do well for us to the point that he is considered for an England call-up... I think we know thats a *bit* of a push :D

I could see him being called before Cash, to many RB’s around but much less playing at the left. 
Saying that, he’s still far away from an England call-up. 
I think the nearest are Barkley, Konsa and Watkins. Which would be really great.

Let’s just keep hammering teams, really looking forward to Leicester game!

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I could see him being called before Cash, to many RB’s around but much less playing at the left. 
Saying that, he’s still far away from an England call-up. 
I think the nearest are Barkley, Konsa and Watkins. Which would be really great.

Let’s just keep hammering teams, really looking forward to Leicester game!

Doesnt bother me one way or another... Its just nice to see Villa players get called up for the first time to their respective national sides (in this case England) due to their performances in a Villa shirt...

With players not abiding by lockdown procedures and breaking curfews etc? and with Mr. Prim and Proper Headmaster Southgate in charge? Anything is possible I guess!

• Like 1

played the most successful long balls on the pitch last night but for me it was more his willingness and ability to pick out a standard forward pass 10-20 yards right in front of him between the lines of the wales players, no one else seemed to do it, it was all 5 yard tippy tappy stuff triangles with winks and phillips always getting deeper

mings on the other hand there's jack or the attacking player showing for the ball there's the 15 yard pass to his feet, its so simple and yet none of the others were doing it

for that reason he wont play again

Â