Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I hope he starts Mings on Sunday. As the only left footed centre back it’s criminal that Southgate doesn’t start him. He adds so much balance to the team. 

I don’t. We have Leicester 8 days from today and the last thing we need is one of either Mings or Grealish picking up an injury in what are glorified international friendlies.   Really hope both of them just play a few minutes here and there in the next two games if they must feature.

Come on Southgate, where’s your top 6 club bias!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I hope he starts Mings on Sunday. As the only left footed centre back it’s criminal that Southgate doesn’t start him. He adds so much balance to the team. 

Makes a lot of sense, so he probably won't. I'm not even convinced, that he will play Jack. You can't really argue with him picking Gomez though, he did so well on Sunday and he plays for a top five club after all. :rolleyes:   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For the first time in years we have a wealth of English talent in our first XI. Grealish, Watkins, Barkley, Cash, Mings and Konsa are all easily of international standard, but there is no way they will all get in. 

It was the same in 81/82 with Swain, Morley, Cowans, Shaw, Mortimer, etc. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

For the first time in years we have a wealth of English talent in our first XI. Grealish, Watkins, Barkley, Cash, Mings and Konsa are all easily of international standard, but there is no way they will all get in. 

It was the same in 81/82 with Swain, Morley, Cowans, Shaw, Mortimer, etc. 

And Heaton, if he’s gets back to his best then he’s a potential England number 1 for me. I personally think he’s better than Pickford and Pope. 

he did alright, made some good tackles, a few sticky moments that he got a bit lucky with, but generally he played well.

my only criticism is too often he doesn't take enough responsibility with the ball, always passing it back to the keeper or looking for others, when he has confidence with us he is very good and moving the ball forward and picking out some long passes, I think he still looks very green and nervous in the England shirt, but hopefully he will get more chances and settle.

15 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

he did alright, made some good tackles, a few sticky moments that he got a bit lucky with, but generally he played well.

my only criticism is too often he doesn't take enough responsibility with the ball, always passing it back to the keeper or looking for others, when he has confidence with us he is very good and moving the ball forward and picking out some long passes, I think he still looks very green and nervous in the England shirt, but hopefully he will get more chances and settle.

I get the feeling that Southgate instructs his players to not do anything too progressive

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Tbf he was being asked to play the ball to Phillips and rice. And he presumably isn't allowed to hoof it. 

I love this man! Oh captain, my captain.

He has a few dodgy moments, sure, but nothing he isn't capable of rectifying immediately. Also, this is bound to happen as he looks for those sharpshooter passes that cuts midfielders to pieces and is usually successful in setting up situations that lead to goals for us. it's so damn nice to have a defender with quality all around. I love that he has swagger about him, because it surely rubs off in a positive way on all our players. mind in the right place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh how they laughed when we paid £20m rising to £26m.... nobody is laughing any more are they, what a bargain.

I was about to say this.

They thought they were taking us to the cleaners.  By the end of this season he's probably worth double that, and with him in their squad Bournemouth would definitely have got the extra point they would have needed to stay up and send us down.

It's like we're trolling them.

Edited by sidcow

Â