Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Great news,  another sign of intent and the harmony that exists in the club at the moment.

If he continues to develop his decision making as i expect he will (when to hoof and when to pass), that will eliminate a lot of his mistakes and go on to be a world class defender. 

Make your mind up Mings!

On a more serious note I read this in the BBC:

• Half of Aston Villa defender Tyrone Ming's Premier League goal involvements (six in total in 52 games) have come in his last four appearances (one goal, two assists).

It seems it is something he’s been working on. 

Edited by LondonLax

Currently number 3 in whoscored's average rating system for all players in the PL. In other words, he is the third best performing PL player right now according to their standards, only behind Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison.

We have another player in the top 10 with Konsa being at number 8. Both Konsa and Mings are in whoscored's team of the season so far.

I'm fully aware its only been 2 games, but at the very least its been a very impressive start for both of our CBs.

57 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Makes it into WhoScored's PL Team of the Week for a second week running.

spacer.png

Imagine thinking £20m was ripping us off 😅

It probably was at the time. Dean Smith said we paid a lot more than we wanted, (I seem to remember Tyrone saying something similar!)

However, now, its a very good deal.

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Classy defender. His first touch is so good, traps it dead out of the air. Springs us on the counter with his passing as well. We paid 20m for England's best CB, what a trip.

Who are England’s best CB’s by the way? To be honest I can’t decide as I don’t follow others and the amount of stress when we play games so I can’t notice individual unless they were standing out (usually attackers).

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

Who are England’s best CB’s by the way? To be honest I can’t decide as I don’t follow others and the amount of stress when we play games so I can’t notice individual unless they were standing out (usually attackers).

Current England CB's:

Harry Maguire

Michael Keane

Joe Gomez

Eric Dier

Conor Coady

I think Mings is better than the lot of them. Joe Gomez is the only one that comes close.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Current England CB's:

Harry Maguire

Michael Keane

Joe Gomez

Eric Dier

Conor Coady

I think Mings is better than the lot of them. Joe Gomez is the only one that comes close.

To be honest I can’t agree or disagree, but that’s really encouraging.

Â