Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

The three that Alan Brazil is saying Utd should go all out to sign!!  Lets hope big Wes and Nas tell those horrible Glazers where to go if they come knocking!

Alan Brazil is a massive **** word removed rocket polisher (just testing the language filters)

That whole radio station is just an audio version of a toilet paper like the sun. 

On 16/10/2019 at 13:21, Wainy316 said:

He's the nations darling at the moment.

Only a matter of time till he gets knocked down then...... 

A revelation in The Sun this weekend I reckon. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Only a matter of time till he gets knocked down then...... 

A revelation in The Sun this weekend I reckon. 

Let’s be honest. The love fest for all our players and manager on this site right now will only last until our next defeat. Hopefully it can continue another week. 

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

The three that Alan Brazil is saying Utd should go all out to sign!!  Lets hope big Wes and Nas tell those horrible Glazers where to go if they come knocking!

One, five or ten years ago, I would be furious and also worried about hearing such things from any United representative. Now, however, I just find that kind of deluded nincompoop talk (or whatever you say in the GB) to be utterly laughable.

Boy, it is a good feeling to have such a faith and confidence in our team and its leaders. UTV!

• Like 1

With Southgate keeping coming to Villa game, could even Jack and Targett join Mings potentially?

It would be great to have 4 of them in the squad. I know it's too early for Targett (I'm not even sure how good are Rose or whoever in the bench for Chilwell). It was just a thought that came, when the goal came  infront of Southgate which included Grealish and Targett.

The fact Rose still gets picked as 1st choice is weird. Ben Davies is better than him at Spurs and Potch picks Rose 1st too. Chillwell is way ahead of Rose and Targett. It's not a particularly strong position though like RB for you guys. 

As for Mings, he's a captain without an armband. Always talking and dictating. That last minute goal wouldn't have happened without his energy driving us on in the last 30 seconds. That after him looking like he could barely walk after 60 mins with an injury. The guy is so level headed and down to Earth when you hear him speak too. Seems like an absolute bargain now at around £20-25m.

Mings has made more passes than any of our other players all season, only five players have made more passes than Heaton: Mings, Grealish, Engels, McGinn, and Taylor. If you look at a table of players who've made the most passes in the division they're mostly either defenders or DMs.

Edited by useless

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Amazingly versus Brighton, only Grealish (63), attempted more passes than Mings (58).

And Mings regained possession more than any other player versus Brighton (12).

Got the move going for the winner as well. Others in past would have just played out the time

He isnt captain but is one of a number of other leaders in the squad. Heaton and McGinn also

36 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't he lose his marker for their goal? 

Yeah looks like he might have, or he was protecting a pre defined area and didn't protect it well enough.

Was clear they intended that deep back post cross, Webber was the only one who didnt move after the first taker did that step over, then as soon as the second guy hit it Webber started moving.

I also reckon Webster wasn't necessarily intended to score as you notice two of their players running in to meet that header across goal.

Looked like a training ground move and Mings was pulled out of position by others moving around him, clever free kick tbh.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

It looked to me like he had two to deal with which I assume is down to doing zonal rather than man marking.  Youd think that we would at least prioritise marking their centre halves at dead ball situations.

11 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

On set pieces he shouldn't be marking anyone really, against Norwich he bossed the area by attacking the ball on corners and free kicks whilst everyone else marked players and it worked really well 9/10 it was his head meeting the ball, looked like zonal marking for the free kick against Brighton not a fan tbh.

On 20/10/2019 at 08:55, abdulaziz1 said:

With Southgate keeping coming to Villa game, could even Jack and Targett join Mings potentially?

It would be great to have 4 of them in the squad. I know it's too early for Targett (I'm not even sure how good are Rose or whoever in the bench for Chilwell). It was just a thought that came, when the goal came  infront of Southgate which included Grealish and Targett.

Targett is no where near the England squad.

• Like 2

Â