Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Just catching up on this thread. Mostly agree with everyone, but a few things:

• Never criticise a player for standing up to a fascist. It takes balls to do that away from home. Those salutes were something we as a country tried to consign to the dustbin of history nearly a century ago, and as much you might think those people are just sad little losers, they need to be told, because there are millions of people watching on TV.
  • Tyrone Mings is so much better than Michael Keane it's just embarrassing. Fair play to Southgate, though, for giving Keane every chance to prove himself, but seeing sense when we threw away a relatively easy 3 points. Southgate has done Villa a favour here by only giving Mings one game and letting him shine. He'll come into the Brighton game on a high.
  • Nobody should be worried about Mings attracting interest from other clubs. If he goes for £100m+ as he could well do next summer (seriously), then he has almost singlehandedly covered the cost of our 2019 transfer window, and we should all wish him well. But more likely, he will see that he has a mutually beneficial relationship with this club and its fans. He rescued last season for us, and we rescued his career, taking a big gamble on an injury-prone player who wasn't widely wanted. We have enough money to deal with any increased wage demands.
  • Dean Smith and John Terry deserve huge credit. Clearly Mings is a thoughtful, complicated character, who could easily fall by the wayside in the wrong environment. He obviously didn't see eye to eye with Eddie Howe. Under Smith's coaching and John Terry's defensive mentorship (who better to learn from than one of the best left-footed centre backs this country has ever produced!?) he has turned into one of the top centre backs in a country that has a long tradition of producing world class centre backs.
  • It's weird for me to say this as a lowly Villa fan who just watches the team play, and doesn't know the lad personally, but I feel immensely proud of him tonight.
  • UTV

Great post. One thing though, I'm pretty sure Terry is right footed, but he was so good on the ball with both feet that he was a LCB for his whole career by default.

Genuinely left footed CBs are fairly rare which makes Tyrone even more valuable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zab6359 said:

This is a bit bittersweet for me......happy for TM but a bit apprehensive now say he has a great season helping to just keep us up, puts in a good solid performance at the Euros?

The likes of Spurs 🤮 have there 2 starting CBs out of contract come the summer our 20m bargain is gone for 40m any team outside the top 2 would be improved by him.

If he has a good enough season I am sure that Purslow will be astute enough to realise his potential suitors and give him a new fat contract with a lovely big buyout clause in it. 

He was cool, calm and collected for England in what was a great debut game for him personally on the field but overall ruined by the racist scum in the crowds. 

I loved the way he spoke about the racism after the game. He's very mature and deserves a lot of credit for his mentality shown towards the situation he found himself in. 

Hopefully, the authorities get a grip of the situation and prevent players from having to experience all that again. 

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

• Never criticise a player for standing up to a fascist. It takes balls to do that away from home. Those salutes were something we as a country tried to consign to the dustbin of history nearly a century ago, and as much you might think those people are just sad little losers, they need to be told, because there are millions of people watching on TV.
  • Tyrone Mings is so much better than Michael Keane it's just embarrassing. Fair play to Southgate, though, for giving Keane every chance to prove himself, but seeing sense when we threw away a relatively easy 3 points. Southgate has done Villa a favour here by only giving Mings one game and letting him shine. He'll come into the Brighton game on a high.
  • Nobody should be worried about Mings attracting interest from other clubs. If he goes for £100m+ as he could well do next summer (seriously), then he has almost singlehandedly covered the cost of our 2019 transfer window, and we should all wish him well. But more likely, he will see that he has a mutually beneficial relationship with this club and its fans. He rescued last season for us, and we rescued his career, taking a big gamble on an injury-prone player who wasn't widely wanted. We have enough money to deal with any increased wage demands.
  • Dean Smith and John Terry deserve huge credit. Clearly Mings is a thoughtful, complicated character, who could easily fall by the wayside in the wrong environment. He obviously didn't see eye to eye with Eddie Howe. Under Smith's coaching and John Terry's defensive mentorship (who better to learn from than one of the best left-footed centre backs this country has ever produced!?) he has turned into one of the top centre backs in a country that has a long tradition of producing world class centre backs.
  • It's weird for me to say this as a lowly Villa fan who just watches the team play, and doesn't know the lad personally, but I feel immensely proud of him tonight.
  • UTV

Amen. 👌

10 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

The fact they came in with pre printed "No Respect" shirts and were proudly displaying them boggles the mind. I assume they had the hoodies, facemasks and shirts covered when they came into the stadium, they surely weren't allowed in like that??

Plus, a printer somewhere had to have printed those jumpers..  WTF? Although it could be a non-English speaker who thought it was just a logo.

Makes you think they are probably gangsters in that country that the police/politcians are scared to mess with. Otherwise they could easily track who they were and deal with them.

Despite problems in this country one thing I say at least they would deal with scum like this and give them banning orders.

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I know Bournemouth have some good defenders but their fans must be scratching their heads right now.

How long before he’s linked with one of the Manchester clubs? 

he lost his place to Nathan ake

as good as mings has been for us and as maybe good a contest that is right now I can understand why Bournemouth cashed in on him, ake's a great player and younger

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Makes you think they are probably gangsters in that country that the police/politcians are scared to mess with. Otherwise they could easily track who they were and deal with them.

Despite problems in this country one thing I say at least they would deal with scum like this and give them banning orders.

The country is years behind us. Think of England in the 70s and you have Bulgaria.  Police / Politicans don’t care in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I love the guy. He is so positive and confident and speaks so well. Yes, he's had his problems at other clubs, and that Reading player is convinced that Tyrone stamped on him, but the way he goes about his business, he is one of my favourite Villa players right now. I haven't really felt a connection to any Villa players really since the days of McGrath, Ehiogu, Taylor, Townsend and Yorke. But with Mings and McGinn, we seem to have potential legends again.

He put up with a lot of negativity around him last night, appalling behaviour from home fans. He stood up to it, and he battled through it with a fantastic performance. It might not be Brazil or Belgium he was up against, but he still had to perform.

Proud of you Tyrone... you're welcome round my home for a chat, and some nice food any time. God bless you son... Love you xx

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

• UTV

Good post.
It’s crazy that he hasn’t been with us even 12 months but I guarantee the vast majority of Villa fans are the same. The impact he has had has been formidable. So proud of him, he has completely earned the praise.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

• UTV

Agree with everything except I don't believe he had any issues with Eddie Howe. Mings is to me very mentally strong, and a leader, we just need to look after his body. The mind is strong! Also Terry is right footed with a good left foot, that played on the left.

Probably the proudest I've ever been watching an England game featuring a Villa player last night.

His post match interview was top class.

Such a shame his debut was tainted in the way it was, but he's come through it with a huge amount of respect from England fans along with a top performance. Looking forward to watching him in the England shirt again next month.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The country is years behind us. Think of England in the 70s and you have Bulgaria.  Police / Politicans don’t care in my opinion. 

I'm going Bulgaria in June as well. First time but I'm hoping a few mindless idiots dont represent the people as a whole which I am sure isn't the case.

I think one of the things I love so much about Mings is he looks almost exactly the same in every game he plays. If a cross comes into the box he's the first to meet it. If its a running race he'll be the first to the ball and deal with it calmly. On the ball he's pinging ball with a crispness that is really helping the receiver out with that split second extra time on the ball. He looks the same in the Championship as he does in Prem as he does in an England shirt.

• Like 1

Â