Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

39 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

At one stage Villa held the record for turning out the most players for England.

Where do we stand now after the Mings and Heaton call-ups? 

I think it will make us about 3-4 short of Spurs. There is also a question of whether they are counted if they don’t see any minutes on the pitch. 

Edited by LondonLax

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke, I'm so happy that he's got the England recognition that his performances have merited with us. I said, when we were wondering about his fee, that he would prove to be a bargain and that he would become an England player. I just didn't think that it would happen quite so quickly, but Tyrone doesn't hang about does he?😊

9 hours ago, thunderball said:

Just re-read this thread from the start in light of this England call up. Makes a great read retrospectively.

@sharkyvilla  at least his reputation as a “Head-Treader” hasn’t counted against him!

I wonder how @BOF feels about him now?

Already covered this quite recently. Asked this very question by Stevo.

EDIT Here.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Gee thanks hero. Do you trawl ages old comments for gotchas. 

You said something a bit OTT and were called on it, just admit you were horribly wrong. 

Or, you could get a job in the media. 

22 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Its typical that the week Tyrone gets a week off to rest up he gets called up to a level he will feel he will need to impress.

Feckin Internationals!

Kinda agree. I get that this is something big and successful clubs have to deal with and I can can sort of see the fun side  competing to be the number one provider of players to the English national side, but from my experience internationals and England call-ups have never led to anything positive. 

Tyrone will be playing alongside some of the best players in World football. That will only help his game. For all the criticism the England NT gets, 2 top 4 finishes in the past 12 months is a bloody good achievement.

Once he gets a taste of it, he'll want more. He won't take it for granted and he seems genuinely delighted to be called up for his country. Again, this will keep him performing in a Villa shirt.

Worst case scenario, one of the big boys comes in for him, we make about £40m in profit. I have 100% confidence in Dean, Suso, NSWE and everyone else involved at the club to find a suitable replacement, and keep us going in the right direction.

Nothing bad will come of this IMO.

36 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Tyrone will be playing alongside some of the best players in World football. That will only help his game. For all the criticism the England NT gets, 2 top 4 finishes in the past 12 months is a bloody good achievement.

Once he gets a taste of it, he'll want more. He won't take it for granted and he seems genuinely delighted to be called up for his country. Again, this will keep him performing in a Villa shirt.

Worst case scenario, one of the big boys comes in for him, we make about £40m in profit. I have 100% confidence in Dean, Suso, NSWE and everyone else involved at the club to find a suitable replacement, and keep us going in the right direction.

Unless he gets injured playing when he would ordinarily be resting. 

48 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

You don't even consider the injury issue, which is the main argument from those not liking it. 

The issue for me would not be him picking up a new injury but rather that he is already carrying one from the previous game.

Nice for him to get a call up thou, doubt he'll get to play thou unless they pick a b-side against Kosovo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Also, I had a look at a Bournemouth message board - they seem really pleased for him, a lot of positive things to say about Mings. Always nice to see.

Not all folk are malicious......thankfully there are some well intentioned folk around, that are so happy in their own skin, they have a capacity to be happy for others.

Bournemouth seems the kind of club that doesn't attract in great numbers the cynics that we experience at big city clubs.

I am pleased for them, that they are pleased for him.....also positivity, breeds its own success.

• Like 2

My son seen Tyrone in a local piri piri chicken outlet in Wylde Green recently, sitting on his own a few folk spoke to him, but it led me to thinking that some of these footballers are more lonely, than the fans think.

In a similar situation, many, many years ago.....I was in a group of lads that included Andy Gray, Bobby Mac and Jake Findlay......I was taken aback, when Andy's mom give me a hug and in an emotional exclamation said " I am really glad Andrew has met some genuine lads" intimating the loneliness it can sometimes bring,for players who come from far afield.

I was quite shocked,at the time.... but having grown older, I now realise that it is sometimes hard for these players to meet genuine mates outside of the football club or other clubs.

I really do hope the boys at Villa, Like Tyrone can meet some genuine lads of their own age in our crowd particularly and enjoy the friendship it brings.

PS I guess that's why managers are always encouraging them to get married.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Unless he gets injured playing when he would ordinarily be resting. 

He’s unlikely to play in these games so he will just be training. Which is what he would be doing with Villa in that time as well. So yes long term this could lead to a few extra games per season if he continues to improve but it won’t happen this month I don’t think.

Â