Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

That whole England squad looks very good, great time for the national team. If Grealish can force his way into that group too it'll be brilliant. 

Mings call up fully deserved, really hope he seizes the opportunity not just if he gets to play but also in training and around the players, needs to prove he's a good lad to have in the squad. 

It’s a good job Southgate wasn’t there today. Mings was poor with his distribution throughout  and some of his first half clearances were comical. I know everyone has off days but the focus was definitely missing today

Mings is a good addition to the squad for his physique and toughness on set-pieces, but the lack of quality was very evident for their goal today. Very clumsy and terrible defending to be honest. That goal was coming one way or another with us being down to ten, but still... feels crap when that kind of defending settles everything.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wasn't he massively limping at the end? Can see him being pulled out of squad. Seen a few mention he's taking painkillers to get through games atm, not sure if it's true but a concern.

I’d be surprised if he goes for the internationals - looked to be injured late on and would expect him to be pulled out 

Hmm....

He covered and positioned himself well for the Ayew goal. Look closely and you will see how lucky Ayew was to have the ball bounce off Jack then himself in a favourable area. He was going nowhere without that rebound.

And that is not the first rebound that has worked against us. In fact, we've had one in 3 of our 4 games this season. 😒

32 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Good to see him being part of the squad.

What I want to know is: what is in the little plastic packet on top of the shorts? Commemorative tie pin? 

If this was the Grealish thread we’d be worried he’d moved on to class A’s.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Wonder if he will get any minutes tonight.

He better had or the bunch of Charlies we currently have playing there will let them claw it all back at this rate. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He better had or the bunch of Charlies we currently have playing there will let them claw it all back at this rate. 

yeah almost glad he isnt playing right now cus the defence is a joke :P

tbh he would prob do better than chilwell at LB or either of them at CB......

Maguire an 85m defender my butt.....

18 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am delighted he didn't play. He got a nice day out and some souvenirs We got an England CB who isnt injured. Win win.

Me too, I've no interest in seeing Villa players called up to play in games I'll never watch and which they may get injured in.

I'm happy with them playing so well for us that they, as the press hacks would say, "are knocking on the door of an international call up" and "making themselves hard to ignore" and then "just missing out on a callup" or "unlucky to not get minutes".

• Like 1

Â