Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 17/09/2019 at 17:46, AVTuco said:

I hope someone pulls Tyrone back to earth. He's showing signs of being a bit too full of himself.

100% this. The lad deserves all the praise he gets, but I do think he's (understandably) let the last few months go to his head a bit. Taken alone, nothing wrong with the AEG rant, but it's consistent with a pattern of slightly Billy Big Balls behaviour (e.g. turning up in Bournemouth in his Villa kit).

We're perhaps missing the influence of Whelan, Jedinak, Hutton, etc. on the dressing room at the moment. Besides Heaton, this is a very young team with very little Premier League / international experience, so we've got inexperienced players like Grealish (39 PL apps) and Mings (22 PL apps) playing the role of senior pro.

I think AEG would have taken that rant better if it had come from an experienced pro with a couple of league titles to his name.

Having said all that, the whole point of buying young talent is that we get to watch these players grow at Villa, rather than funding someone's retirement. You can only grow as a leader and as a footballer by making the odd mistake. Hopefully Tyrone will come away from this reflecting on how leadership isn't always about shouting the loudest. And AEG will learn to track his ****ing runner and not stick his nut in Mings's face.

On 20/09/2019 at 17:55, KentVillan said:

100% this. The lad deserves all the praise he gets, but I do think he's (understandably) let the last few months go to his head a bit. Taken alone, nothing wrong with the AEG rant, but it's consistent with a pattern of slightly Billy Big Balls behaviour (e.g. turning up in Bournemouth in his Villa kit).

We're perhaps missing the influence of Whelan, Jedinak, Hutton, etc. on the dressing room at the moment. Besides Heaton, this is a very young team with very little Premier League / international experience, so we've got inexperienced players like Grealish (39 PL apps) and Mings (22 PL apps) playing the role of senior pro.

I think AEG would have taken that rant better if it had come from an experienced pro with a couple of league titles to his name.

Having said all that, the whole point of buying young talent is that we get to watch these players grow at Villa, rather than funding someone's retirement. You can only grow as a leader and as a footballer by making the odd mistake. Hopefully Tyrone will come away from this reflecting on how leadership isn't always about shouting the loudest. And AEG will learn to track his ****ing runner and not stick his nut in Mings's face.

It isn't el ghazi's fault mings spoiled Harry Potter for him

Everyone makes mistakes, and today was an unfortunate one. I have more problem with the fact that he spends too much time on the ball, and that leads to players receiving his passes end up in a hurry with people closing them down. Was the same against West Ham too. And that put us on the back front.

Edited by DeepDish
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Awful header that has cost us 

I agree he shouldn't have done what he did but he did it because otherwise he would have been giving away a cheap-looking corner. His error was not heading it where he did, it was heading it where he did because he thought the player had enough nous to read it. His error was not realising it was Taylor he was asking to be intelligent! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I agree he shouldn't have done what he did but he did it because otherwise he would have been giving away a cheap-looking corner. His error was not heading it where he did, it was heading it where he did because he thought the player had enough nous to read it. His error was not realising it was Taylor he was asking to be intelligent! 

Sorry, but it is 100% Mings fault. Give away the corner.

• Like 1

Blaming anyone on defense for this loss is daft.  We were setting our defensive line 5 yards in front of the 18 yard box in the second half.  Eventually even the best defender will make a mistake.  Engels and Mings both cost us a goal but that's fully down to the complete inability of our midfield and forward line to even give them a minutes time to regroup after a defensive stop. 

• Like 3

Â