Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Great news, the first time in a long time where a new player has been called up to the England squad.

Normally we develop a player, they get called up and the following Summer they leave the club. No danger of that here.

I look forward to seeing fans of other clubs who laughed at us for paying £20 million appreciate just how good he is.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If he plays, how far are we behind spurs for capped players? I want that record back. Add on Heston and Jack and we must be close 

don't think charlton ( Heston) will play, he's too old.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Am I right in saying there was a clause in the deal for first England call up? If so I guess we now have to pay Bournemouth some more money.

Not that it's a problem with NSWE.

giphy.gif

probably what that £22m injection is all about, money well spent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

probably what that £22m injection is all about, money well spent.

Come again? He has a £ 5 million clause based fee from most reports, so why would a £ 22 million injection have anything to do with it? 

Deserved for him.

Selfishly, I'd rather he didn't pay for England though. He's obviously an injury risk and more games is only increasing the likelihood he misses games for us.

But he certainly deserves the call up and it's testament to him he's got it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Am I right in saying there was a clause in the deal for first England call up? If so I guess we now have to pay Bournemouth some more money.

Not that it's a problem with NSWE.

giphy.gif

So that's why NSWE injected another £20m to the club today :lol:

Edited by PieFacE

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Deserved for him.

Selfishly, I'd rather he didn't pay for England though. He's obviously an injury risk and more games is only increasing the likelihood he misses games for us.

But he certainly deserves the call up and it's testament to him he's got it.

i was about to type the same thing.

Really happy for him, but also wary because of the injury record that may or may not be a thing any more.

Would have been less spooked if he got a full Prem season under his belt without any real injury layoffs, but regardless, he really deserves it, top man, top player.

He must be having the time of his life.  What a turn his career has taken in the last year since joining us.  Threw himself into it 100% and is now deservedly reaping the rewards.  Couldn't be happier for the bloke and not sure how he can possibly stop grinning like a Cheshire cat.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

He must be having the time of his life.  What a turn his career has taken in the last year since joining us.  Threw himself into it 100% and is now deservedly reaping the rewards.  Couldn't be happier for the bloke and not sure how he can possibly stop grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Yeah, it's incredible really.

Â