Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

18 hours ago, MaVilla said:

well, we played 3 at the back for the world cup, and prior to it, so either we are keeping with that formation or Southgate is planning a change?

17 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I understand that, the make up of the squad just doesn't scream 3 at the back to me.

Have we played 3 at the back since anyway? I'm pretty sure we didn't in the Nations League.

Edit: just looked back at the last 5 England games and we don't appear to have played 3 at the back in any of those.

We switched to a back 4 almost straight after the World Cup, but have on occasion reverted to a back 3 in-game, away against Spain being a prime example.

England are short of left footed center halves which has made Mings very much worth looking at for Southgate.

It's also the reason Coady at Wolves has yet to get a call up, he plays in the middle of 3 center halves and has never played in a two at any level, so as long as England persist with a back four or until Wolves switch the way they play, he's unlikely to get the call.

I'm hoping Mings get some game time, more likely against Kosovo than Bulgaria I'd of thought, but even if he doesn't, it's an incredible achievement just to get the call up.

What a guy!

tenor.gif?itemid=4894232 

Edited by Teale's 'tache
A wild capitalisation occurred...
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So much hate for him getting a call on the bbc comments section (admittedly the comments are never worth reading anyway!)

there are a lot of fans of football out there who clearly don’t watch football other than the Sky select teams.... 

chuffed for Mings and well deserved. 

This hopefully shows that playing regularly and being a solid pro gets you noticed and rewarded with international recognition*

* clearly this does not apply to Lingard who somehow gets another call up. I blame the beanz  :) 

• Like 1

Predictable reactions from fans of other teams. Very obviously haven't seen him play. All the pundits that watched our first 3 games have waxed lyrical about Tyrone's performances. Very well deserved. Lovely player.

• Like 4

Wolves fans in particular having a meltdown about it, probably because they've been going on about Connor Coady to get a call up and it hasn't happened, and are now bitter because Mings gets in there ahead of him after playing only three games in the Premier league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Loving the United fans on their forum saying he's done nothing to earn a call-up while Jesse Lingard seems to be in the team (and theirs) by default.

They paid £80m for **** Maguire.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, useless said:

Wolves fans in particular having a meltdown about it, probably because they've been going on about Connor Coady to get a call up and it hasn't happened, and are now bitter because Mings gets in there ahead of him after playing only three games in the Premier league.

Understandable to be fair. Coady is a good defender.

• Like 1

Â