Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Amazed by how many cretins on Twitter banging on today about him stamping on people's faces.

The Oliveira stamp was 100% an accident, and the Zlatan stamp was on one of the biggest pricks in football.

Everything I've seen of Mings suggests he is a big hearted, humble man, who knows how lucky he is to be a professional footballer.

Interesting quote from Southgate:

"He had a big injury at Bournemouth but I really like his leadership qualities."

"He's an outstanding athlete and I see a lot of potential and time for growth given the number of games he's played."

The point about him having time for growth is really interesting. He's 26, but he's played as many matches as a typical 21 year old. If he learns to manage his injuries, could easily see him peaking in around 4 or 5 years.

• Like 1

If he pulls on the shirt the £26m will be a drop in the ocean, he will be worth £40-50m, and more to us. And if he impresses in the shirt (and for Villa), there is no reason after a tournament why he isn’t an £80m player.

It just shows the ignorance and arrogance of the Bournemouth fans when we pursued him this summer, they just didn’t see what a player he had turned into, they were not following him and had made up their minds on him. Villa improved him,  added his value and they were so self satisfied they laughed at the price like we were mugs. 

I would love to see him start, him and Maguire could be very good, but most of all to bait the bloody Bournemouth fans.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Mings could easily go down as the purchase of the season !!

I think at 20 mil he was a steal.

We got rid of GG, his wages and his Bluenose stench for two million and the best beard since Mellberg. Signing of the millennia there. 

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Be interesting to see how Ming's and Maguire play together, who takes the lead role. 

On recent league performances it's Mings - he's a true character - no slight to Maguire, but Mings is so rightfully grateful for his position in an old fashioned rags to riches way that on character alone he will dominate that defence. Full credit to DS that he sees what the England manager sees in a player.  

12 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Mings could easily go down as the purchase of the season !!

I think at 20 mil he was a steal.

My Bournemouth mate all smug over their win (albeit texting me only on 90mins) is now a but gutted that Mings is obviously worth north of 50 mill. 

57 minutes ago, thunderball said:

If he pulls on the shirt the £26m will be a drop in the ocean, he will be worth £40-50m, and more to us. And if he impresses in the shirt (and for Villa), there is no reason after a tournament why he isn’t an £80m player.

It just shows the ignorance and arrogance of the Bournemouth fans when we pursued him this summer, they just didn’t see what a player he had turned into, they were not following him and had made up their minds on him. Villa improved him,  added his value and they were so self satisfied they laughed at the price like we were mugs. 

I would love to see him start, him and Maguire could be very good, but most of all to bait the bloody Bournemouth fans.

No, most of all for Tyrone Mings.

• Like 1

Lets show the same gracious stance that the player himself has shown in being called up.

If outsider fans want to pour scorn on his call up or resort to desperate calls of his pitch discipline let them.

We know we have a great player on our hands, that's all we need to know.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 31/01/2019 at 15:35, MaVilla said:

DS says he brought him in to play at CB?, who on earth is going to replace Taylor now????? :)

No one is ever going to replace Taylor ever!! :)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Â