Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

It's ironic really.

If the England defence had played better and we had been 5-0 up in the 80th minute, I reckon Southgate may have given Mings (and Maddison) a run out with nothing on the line.

But because the defence was so bad and we were in danger of not winning, he wanted to stick with his 'established' players even though they were the ones that screwed it up in the first place.

Ah well, an uninjured Mings is better than a capped Mings 👍

• Like 1

Mings has been called up because Southgate sees potential, potential takes time and nurturing to be realised, so I think it doubtful that Mings would play so soon.

He'd be there getting familiar with everything, working towards what Southgate has envisioned for him, which again I think doubtful that it would involve immediate inclusion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

I wonder if I could get away with being a 16 year old for his academy?! I am only 30...

Bloody love the man. 

Ask him if you can volunteer as a coach, if you have the time and interest.

10 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I wish I could. Work commitments and a baby due in October means it’s unrealistic. 

For another thread in ‘off topic’, but many congratulations re the baby mate. Hope all goes well and get your sleep in now!

• Thanks 1

Surprised to see this thread languishing on page 2, I thought he was excellent this evening, he and Engels kept Haller quiet, he barely had a sniff. If he keeps up this form, he’ll get in the England team next to Harry Maguire in my opinion, £25m looks a snip at this stage

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Personally thought this was one of his weaker games (still one of our better players). Haller had the beating of him a few times second half.

I don’t remember Haller having a shot, do you? I’m a big fan of Haller but I thought Mings and Engels shackled him

44 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t remember Haller having a shot, do you? I’m a big fan of Haller but I thought Mings and Engels shackled him

He had a header which was really dangerous. 

I didn't think he gave Mings an easy time. But that's something good from our defenders. Really impressed with what we watched.

• Like 1

I'm surprised Mings didn't give Ghazi a thrashing, to keep that cool when the pressure is on with the display he put on, I think more than impressed us all including Southgate.

Deserves an England start, he's a fortress. 

• Like 1

First time the bizarre utilisation of VAR in the PL has worked in ours favour. 

That was a stonewall penalty he gave away last night bit VAR seems very reluctant to overrule an on pitch penalty decision unless the ref missed the baseball bat. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

First time the bizarre utilisation of VAR in the PL has worked in ours favour. 

That was a stonewall penalty he gave away last night bit VAR seems very reluctant to overrule an on pitch penalty decision unless the ref missed the baseball bat. 

Really ? I thought it was another blatant dive from the West ham player , fairly sure the replay showed no contact

edit  - can see the video here at around 1 min 45  in slow mo .. def a dive

express seems to think it was as  well ( though tbf they got the wrong player so they can't entirely be trusted)

92: Penalty appeal! Mings looks to have clipped the ankles of Fornals, who goes down inside the box. Mike Dean isn’t interested. Quite right too, it’s a dive. 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Â