Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, TRO said:

My son seen Tyrone in a local piri piri chicken outlet in Wylde Green recently, sitting on his own a few folk spoke to him, but it led me to thinking that some of these footballers are more lonely, than the fans think.

In a similar situation, many, many years ago.....I was in a group of lads that included Andy Gray, Bobby Mac and Jake Findlay......I was taken aback, when Andy's mom give me a hug and in an emotional exclamation said " I am really glad Andrew has met some genuine lads" intimating the loneliness it can sometimes bring,for players who come from far afield.

I was quite shocked,at the time.... but having grown older, I now realise that it is sometimes hard for these players to meet genuine mates outside of the football club or other clubs.

I really do hope the boys at Villa, Like Tyrone can meet some genuine lads of their own age in our crowd particularly and enjoy the friendship it brings.

I think it's one of the forgotten things in football.

When I took the job I had now, it was a bit scary because it was a new job and I didn't know anyone. But after work I could still just go back to my life outside of work. It's a bit different for people who have to move 100 miles away for their new job, like footballers. You can't just leave training and go back to your normal life outside of work, because you've moved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Also, I had a look at a Bournemouth message board - they seem really pleased for him, a lot of positive things to say about Mings. Always nice to see.

around here it tends to be a mixture of "pleased for him, shame it didn't work out here" to "why is steve cook not in there, he's much better"

15 hours ago, thunderball said:

If he pulls on the shirt the £26m will be a drop in the ocean, he will be worth £40-50m, and more to us. And if he impresses in the shirt (and for Villa), there is no reason after a tournament why he isn’t an £80m player.

It just shows the ignorance and arrogance of the Bournemouth fans when we pursued him this summer, they just didn’t see what a player he had turned into, they were not following him and had made up their minds on him. Villa improved him,  added his value and they were so self satisfied they laughed at the price like we were mugs. 

I would love to see him start, him and Maguire could be very good, but most of all to bait the bloody Bournemouth fans.

I think that Tyrone Mings is going to become priceless at Villa both to the club and to the fans. If that is the case, he will become a legend. Value will mean nothing because if we achieve what our owners want us to achieve then Tyrone will probably be part of that.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

When I took the job I had now, it was a bit scary because it was a new job and I didn't know anyone. But after work I could still just go back to my life outside of work. It's a bit different for people who have to move 100 miles away for their new job, like footballers. You can't just leave training and go back to your normal life outside of work, because you've moved.

It is, particularly if they are single.

its also strange because the young players can't really mix much with the older players as they have families and players like jack have mates he grew up with....so when you get many young ones,at least that have each other.

I remember Ron Saunders lecturing/warning  us outside Maine Road after a game, as we was staying in Manchester for some night life.....He said lads.. "Andy and Gordon ( smith) are representing the club, don'y lead them astray"......We said we won't Ron.We had respect for all that( even at that tender age)....so managers do worry about it.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, TRO said:

It is, particularly if they are single.

its also strange because the young players can't really mix much with the older players as they have families and players like jack have mates he grew up with....so when you get many young ones,at least that have each other.

I remember Ron Saunders lecturing/warning  us outside Maine Road after a game, as we was staying in Manchester for some night life.....He said lads.. "Andy and Gordon ( smith) are representing the club, don'y lead them astray"......We said we won't Ron.We had respect for all that....so managers do worry about it.

Class. Thanks for sharing. Not sure that pair needed much leading though :)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I think that Tyrone Mings is going to become priceless at Villa both to the club and to the fans. If that is the case, he will become a legend. Value will mean nothing because if we achieve what our owners want us to achieve then Tyrone will probably be part of that.

Legend in the making.

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Class. Thanks for sharing. Not sure that pair needed much leading though :)

Thing is....Ron knew them, he didn't know us.....but made his point in no uncertain terms,anyway.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

some of the neggies aimed at Tyrones call up........proves to me folk comment without watching a players performances.

Or comment due to prejudice surrounding the club he plays for.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Probably is, but doesn't everyone who has a career that involves lots of work hours and travel experience this? I can certainly relate to the social vacuum it can involve. 

Guess the big difference is it's more difficult when you're rich and famous. 

20 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I would be happy for him to leave on a free (aged 40, for a final pay day in MLS. Leading the fans in a farewell rendition of "Allez! Allez!" while wearing full kit and all his Villa medals, standing on a statue of himself outside a 60,000 Villa Park).  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Probably is, but doesn't everyone who has a career that involves lots of work hours and travel experience this? I can certainly relate to the social vacuum it can involve. 

Guess the big difference is it's more difficult when you're rich and famous. 

The very point i was trying to make.....when you are just a fan and supporter, its very difficult to build a relationship with a millionaire footballer, its not impossible, but difficult, there has to be a common denominator, usually , women & music......We all think they have oodles of friends, but in the main they don't. Genuine lads who support the club and of their own age can be a rich source of company as well as their work friends, but they need to talk about stuff other than football too.

I used to make a point of not talking too much about football to my Villa( player) mates......The restraint used to kill me.

I look at Tyrone and i think he could build a relationship with anybody...from the Queen to a tramp, he would be comfortable. 

Edited by TRO

Â