Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Well deserved call up for Tyrone, he’s been great for us since January and has carried that form over into the PL. Hopefully he gets some minutes in at least one of the games and shows what he’s capable of.

Jack will be disappointed he’s not in but hasn’t shown enough yet to justify being in, his time will surely come if he up his performances a bit more. Having said that, not quite sure what Jesse Lingard and Harry Winks have done to deserve selection either other than the fact they play for Man U and Spurs 🙄

Made his debut for us on Feb 2nd, sent out on loan by the club which never suited him after some terrible injuries - 6 months, one promotion and some bloody hard work later he's selected for England. Does not get any better than this.  

• Like 3

On 25 August 2019 at 20:08, The Moustache of Teale said:

Possibly fuelled by the obligatory hot bank holiday Sunday drinking session, but I got slightly emotional reading this article:

https://www.joe.co.uk/football/the-new-colossus-tyrone-mings-aston-villa-and-this-brazen-love-affair-238973

Such a Rocky story! Thank you! Makes me wonder if Tyrone trains by running up the Holte End steps in the snow. A damaged player given a shot at redemption by a fallen giant of a club, both saving each other in the process? What a privilege to witness a modern-day fairytale from the stands of Villa Park.

• Like 3

Delighted for Tyrone. Please don’t get injured.

I think a lot (not all) of the negative comments from opposition supporters can be attributed to them previously laughing at the idea of paying £20m+ for him and this call up flies in the face of that notion. Maybe it’s starting to look to them like we may not have overpaid.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We've gained one back on Spurs in the race for most England caps (well he'd have to play of course). Just 4 more to go now. 

Does that include Heaton? If he plays. 

Edited by Tayls

14 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Such a Rocky story! Thank you! Makes me wonder if Tyrone trains by running up the Holte End steps in the snow. A damaged player given a shot at redemption by a fallen giant of a club, both saving each other in the process? What a privilege to witness a modern-day fairytale from the stands of Villa Park.

I'm going to open a bottle of red and read that tonight. I'm already excited! Cheers for the link bro.

31 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Well deserved call up for Tyrone, he’s been great for us since January and has carried that form over into the PL. Hopefully he gets some minutes in at least one of the games and shows what he’s capable of.

Jack will be disappointed he’s not in but hasn’t shown enough yet to justify being in, his time will surely come if he up his performances a bit more. Having said that, not quite sure what Jesse Lingard and Harry Winks have done to deserve selection either other than the fact they play for Man U and Spurs 🙄

Lingard is piss poor! 

31 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Lingard is piss poor! 

I think the attacks on Mings is absoloute piss poor. Just seen it on Villatalk where someone has said through a tweet: what's England coming to when we let thugs like this into England, our footballers are supposed to be role models and our kids will be on the street stamping on heads.

You know what I would say to that prat, is that our kids on the street are stabbing eachother, that's already gone to crap I doubt Mings would be the instigator in any of that. 

The Jamaicans used to love us British play football, they used to call us the BullyBoys of the sport and we were because we were rough and rugged, to me Tyrone reminds me of that type of player and he deserves his call up, congratulations Tyrone.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Predictable reactions from fans of other teams. Very obviously haven't seen him play. All the pundits that watched our first 3 games have waxed lyrical about Tyrone's performances. Very well deserved. Lovely player.

I have to say, I absolutely love reading opposition fans overreactions. Especially Wolves fans. They're livid on Molinuex Mix because he's been picked ahead of Coady. It's hilarious because the posts on there exhibit a blind arrogance (I've read many of them say not a single Villa player would get in their team) and a begrudgingly but not openly admitted acceptance that we are still a big club. 

I can only assume that people that are outraged have not seen him play, because objectively anyone who has seen him this season or last would understand why he's been picked. 

For what it is worth, this is a massive, massive deal for Villa. We want to be a club if ambition, and this is a signal to players that if you come here and play well, it's a big stage, you get recognition. 

It's also worth mentioning that Mings comes across as a very humble guy and top pro, I should imagine that's attractive to an international manager. You often have to call players up to the squad and not play them. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I have to say, I absolutely love reading opposition fans overreactions. Especially Wolves fans. They're livid on Molinuex Mix because he's been picked ahead of Coady. It's hilarious because the posts on there exhibit a blind arrogance (I've read many of them say not a single Villa player would get in their team) and a begrudgingly but not openly admitted acceptance that we are still a big club. 

I can only assume that people that are outraged have not seen him play, because objectively anyone who has seen him this season or last would understand why he's been picked. 

For what it is worth, this is a massive, massive deal for Villa. We want to be a club if ambition, and this is a signal to players that if you come here and play well, it's a big stage, you get recognition. 

It's also worth mentioning that Mings comes across as a very humble guy and top pro, I should imagine that's attractive to an international manager. You often have to call players up to the squad and not play them. 

I haven't even looked at the Wolves forum, I bet it's hilarious. Just a United one and just general reactions on Twitter. United fans have that big club mentality of if he isn't playing for the top 6 then the manager is being too "experimental" in picking him. Everyone else clearly hasn't seen him play and think there's no way a player at a newly promoted club could be good enough for England.

Â